Will this Forum close if....

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Toshiba does throw in the towel as iss rumored? Just asking and perhaps this belongs in another forum. feel free to move it.

I've been waiting for this forum to close for over a month. Hence why I really don't frequent anymore.

S~

Right now this forum has 43 viewing... HD DVD has 19 and Blu-ray has 23. So as long as it remains popular and doesn't keep on the current club HD DVD every chance you get trend I see no reason to close it, yet... just my .2 cents :)

Being its labeled the warzone, it is too tempting at times to posts articles to jab at the other. At this point, what are we jabbing at.

Why not put everyones thoughts together on a new forum to replace it.

I personally dont feel the need for this forum anymore.

HDDVD is shutting down, the only arguments now will be "we won" and "bd costs too much".

Its a no brainer that full studio support is coming.

Last edited:
HD-DVD has not shut down yet! When Toshiba makes it official and Universal and Paramount are allowed to put movies on BD then there will not be a need for this forum.

I support a general HD Movie forum when it's all done (officially). I don't mind the seperate forums, but sometimes it's annoying to see some things posted 2 or 3 times (once for each forum). I think the "warzone" mentality has died down and last I knew Vurbano and JoeSp were playing poker every friday night. :)

At this point they are sort of meaningless. Not that such a thing would be likely to stop us. Heck look at all the debates about attach rate.

Eventually, both this and the stand-alone HD-DVD forum should close, but not 'til there's an official statement from Toshiba stating they're done and even then, the HD-DVD forum should remain for "a while" as there will be enough owners of the equipment. When/if Toshiba does give up, there's *no* need for the 'war' forum.

Then there will be a need for a "Mindlessly bashing Sony" forum, although the posters might become frustrated that their audience is so small.

Maybe we could also have a "HD downloads will replace HDM because I can't tell the difference between rental and ownership models."

Maybe I should go have a beer and chill. :rolleyes:

Only SatelliteGuys let both sides duke it out.

I am proud of that.

All other sites treated you guys like you were a bunch of 5 year olds, but we let you act like grownups and duke it out (like 5 year olds) :D

I don't think we should close this forum, but maybe rename it the "HD DVD Rememberance Forum" :)

Then there will be a need for a "Mindlessly bashing Sony" forum, although the posters might become frustrated that their audience is so small.

Maybe we could also have a "HD downloads will replace HDM because I can't tell the difference between rental and ownership models."

Maybe I should go have a beer and chill. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that we will not be able to mindlessly bash Warners?

Last edited:
Right now this forum has 43 viewing... HD DVD has 19 and Blu-ray has 23. So as long as it remains popular and doesn't keep on the current club HD DVD every chance you get trend I see no reason to close it, yet... just my .2 cents :)

Lets keep it open, people will benefit from it..
"ZOMG DADDY SLAPPED MOMMY AT THE DINNER TABLE THREADS"
j/k.
This war zone keeps this place entertaining, and we are going to have many more people signing up so they can join the fun..

Only SatelliteGuys let both sides duke it out.

I am proud of that.

All other sites treated you guys like you were a bunch of 5 year olds, but we let you act like grownups and duke it out (like 5 year olds) :D

I don't think we should close this forum, but maybe rename it the "HD DVD Rememberance Forum" :)

LoL :D

Actually, I'm surprised at how quickly I am losing my dislike of Toshiba. After all, I overcame my dislike of Sony to buy a PS3 as a BD player. When I needed to buy an LCD HDTV for my in-laws, I bought a 42" Toshiba. And now I think I'll look at Toshiba when I buy a stand alone BD player- as a previous poster reminded me that they will likely put out a good, cost effective one.

Lets keep it open, people will benefit from it..
"ZOMG DADDY SLAPPED MOMMY AT THE DINNER TABLE THREADS"
j/k.
This war zone keeps this place entertaining, and we are going to have many more people signing up so they can join the fun..
True... I have yet to hear the Obese female opera singer yet, but when red is dead you blu's are going to be bored :D

Actually, I'm surprised at how quickly I am losing my dislike of Toshiba. After all, I overcame my dislike of Sony to buy a PS3 as a BD player. When I needed to buy an LCD HDTV for my in-laws, I bought a 42" Toshiba. And now I think I'll look at Toshiba when I buy a stand alone BD player- as a previous poster reminded me that they will likely put out a good, cost effective one.

I don't care who makes what? If its a good price, has good picture quality, I'll buy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)