Will this Forum close if....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
True... I have yet to hear the Obese female opera singer yet, but when red is dead you blu's are going to be bored :D

and a lot of redheads will not be able to spin every article in sight anymore.

Perhaps this forum will be renamed the bash Sony forum since that seems to be the main thrust of a lot of the posts... It would be great if the forum name changed when Toshiba makes the official announcement. Although I suspect that the forum would not be around much longer after the announcement it would be fun to have it for a while.

I can't imaging what "war" will be taking place considering one of the sides is gone, but heh.....

I suggested getting rid of the VOOM forum a few months ago and was told there's reason(s) to keep it open though I'm pretty sure VOOM's DBS service is long gone and their hardware is now OTA only and should fit in the OTA forum just fine.

Btw.. I have Sony products and have never BASHED sony... but, I will NOT buy a BD player because of the BD supporters attacks here and at other forums...
Maybe it is just me, but I wouldnt let anyone else keep me from enjoying what I wanted....Hd-DVD, Blu-ray, KFC chicken, ...ect

Just my upbringing... sorry...I can get the progamming from the backdoor(DBS, DirectHD and DishHD), might not be 1080p but, I can breath easier with the thought that I did not go with folks like that ;) we pull over for funeral processions here still an remove hat's or cap's.. just the way I live and think. Respect...

:haha:haha

I support a general HD Movie forum when it's all done (officially). I don't mind the seperate forums, but sometimes it's annoying to see some things posted 2 or 3 times (once for each forum). I think the "warzone" mentality has died down and last I knew Vurbano and JoeSp were playing poker every friday night. :)

:up:up

Btw.. I have Sony products and have never BASHED sony... but, I will NOT buy a BD player because of the BD supporters attacks here and at other forums...

What attacks? When you post news stories or rumors floating over the internet for discussion you see that as attacks? I though that was why we had a War Zone? It is not BD supporters' fault that the bulk of stories hitting the news media and other sites has not been pro HD-DVD. That is what happens when one side starts losing -- bad stories and bad rumors start floating. May I point out that you could not be a BD supporter and stay on AVS? Sometimes they either locked your thread out or they locked you out. That is the reason I am a supporting founder of the SatelliteGuys.

I guess that all the Sony bashing was okay with you and you did not see that as BD bashing. And I guess when certain HD-DVD supporters started calling BD supporters names you did not find that bashing? I guess to you it was okay to call BD supporters idiots, stupid, dumb, childish, and other names I will not print here. Most of the time personal attacks were done by the HD-DVD supporters not the BD supporters. Take some time and talley some of the old posts from two and three months ago. BD supporters were litterally shouted down with printed verbal abuse. I know because the personal attacks against me got so bad I had to ask for help from other moderators to get them to stop after personally pleading with some to stop the personal attacks.

You should not base your future viewing habits on the bad choice of words some have used in this forum. While it is the War Zone at least you guys allowed us to have open discussion which is far more then any other site has allowed. And while I have tried not to take the words some have directed towards me personally, I have appreciated the work that you and other moderators have done with this War Zone - it could not of been easy. Please do not let that work prevent you from enjoying HDM down the road even if it is on BD. I am hoping that Toshiba comes out with a 2.0 BD player that you and others will find to be a great purchase. Toshiba was the first DVD player I had after the PS2 and it just might be my first BD standalone after the PS3. Maybe you will find the excitement in BD once again that you found in HD-DVD -- I hope you do.

There's been Sony bashing, Microsoft bashing, Toshiba bashing, Samsung bashing, Universal bashing, Fox (well deserved) bashing, Weinstein bashing, Warner bashing, etc.

The rules of the forum clearly state: Attack the formats but not each other.

Seriously, Dfergie. I can understand you not buying a BD player due to pricing, incomplete specs, features lacking, lack of interest etc. However, not buying one because of the people on sat guys? Now, I could almost understand avoiding it because of the 'tards on blu-ray.com.

I still dont get not buying a format because its backers dumped on your format. Personal attacks on this site are worse on the sat forums than in here.

Lets also completely forget the fact that most of the stuff we posted has now been validated, even though you guys considered it FUD at the time.

Im sorry Dfergie, but this excuse you keep using about why you wont buy BD has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Most of the personal comments (smurfs, blu bloods, etc...) have been thrown around by the red side here lately.

So, if you are high on the moral ladder, then you should sell your HD-DVD player too. Lets also not forget the fact how much crap the BD guys took when Paramount dropped BD. So easily forgotten huh?

This is why I think most peoples anger now comes from backing the wrong horse in all the arguments, now that Toshiba appears to be even selling them out.

Many of you should take the red goggles off and youll see that neither side is any better than the other.

Many of you should take the red goggles off and youll see that neither side is any better than the other

Here, Here!! Us BluBloods should do the same!:clap:clap

Seems like the Blu's brothers been doing that since CES... ;)

well right now its seems like all the recent reports of the demise of H DVD were true---can you say the same about all those bizarre article sois posted by the Red crowd? there have been excesses on both sides but somehow you only see one side of it.

BTW most of us on both sides pull over for funeral processions etc. Comments about people's upbringing or character really are bit much. I know that you meant it differently but it is coming offas sour grapes because the format you preferred seems to have lost the war. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)