Windows 7 Officially Released To Manufacturing

In the attachment is a current screen shot just taken minutes ago with the "official" version of Windows 7.

In the link is a screen shot I took last week prior to the update to the "official" version showing my Vista like sidebar. Notice the watermark that states "evaluation copy" in the bottom right hand corner? That has since been removed with the update.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/compute...83-vista-sidebar-windows-7-a.html#post1894306
So you are bragging in a public forum about pirating the software?Did you pay for it? Have a reciept? I find it hard to believe that MS allows employees to give its software away. And you are posting pictures of proof of the crime?

So you are bragging in a public forum about pirating the software?Did you pay for it? Have a reciept? I find it hard to believe that MS allows employees to give its software away. And you are posting pictures of proof of the crime?
It is not pirated. The licenses are already paid for. His company gets purchased 13,000 licenses and they are allowed to distribute them within certain guidelines (IOW, they cannot go to the street corner and sale copies for $x). Nothing is being breached or violated. He and other employees are allowed to use the software for personal use (including family), company use, clients, and part of training seminars.

IOW, the licenses are paid to MS by his company. His companies sales MS products to other companies and business (including manufacturing) and puts on seminars and trainings for MS. As long as the licenses are paid for, MS can care less who gets them.

So far I think the biggest purchase of Windows 7 through his company was done by Wells Fargo. With the training and the site licenses, they made a huge profit. If his company decides to give away a few copies of MS products (which they already paid for), it is not going to hurt their company much. Which is why they allow employees to use copies for their own personal use (also so they can become more familiar with it as well).

Last edited:
Looks like I am going to have to revert back to XP or Vista as I cannot find a compatible driver for the display for my laptop's monitor.

Does anyone know why the monitor will display in safe mode or on a secondary external monitor, but not in normal mode on the laptop's monitor?

If it's an Intel 950 - I'm not surprised.
If it's an NV/ATI - it should work.

On more than one occasion installing Vista drivers on Windows 7 the standard way didn't work, but updating drivers from within Device Manager works fine.
But this never happened to me with video drivers.

Diogen.

If it's an Intel 950 - I'm not surprised.
If it's an NV/ATI - it should work.

On more than one occasion installing Vista drivers on Windows 7 the standard way didn't work, but updating drivers from within Device Manager works fine.
But this never happened to me with video drivers.

Diogen.
It is ATI. I tried updating through the device manager and it said, "Windows has determined that the diver software for your device is up to date". I even went on-line to see if there was an ATI driver I could install myself, but of course there was nothing for Windows 7.

I am currently reverting back to Vista temporarily until I can find a driver for the monitor. There is no point in using a laptop if I have to use it in safe mode or have it hooked up to a secondary monitor.

I even went on-line to see if there was an ATI driver I could install myself, but of course there was nothing for Windows 7.
Starting with 9.4 (April) ATI drivers support Win7. Version 9.7 (about a week ago) has WHQL designation.
Don't let Windows update the video driver after install, do it manually.

What is your laptop brand/model?

Diogen.

Starting with 9.4 (April) ATI drivers support Win7. Version 9.7 (about a week ago) has WHQL designation.
Don't let Windows update the video driver after install, do it manually.

What is your laptop brand/model?

Diogen.
I'll try that. I have both Vista and Windows 7 on it now. I'll boot her up in 7 and see if I can find this driver you are speaking of.

That is what she has and still a no show. Weird, it worked before and I have not done an update since. It works in Vista and it works in 7 Safe mode and secondary monitor. I'll keep my hard-drive partitioned with both until I can get the 7 issue resolved.

BTW, the beta version gave me the same problem one time, but worked every time since.

Mobility Radeon X300 (what your laptop has) is some 3+ years old and might not have a win7 driver.

Diogen.

Mobility Radeon X300 (what your laptop has) is some 3+ years old and might not have a win7 driver.

Diogen.
Yep...That is what the sticker on the surface of the computer says. :D

Duhhh...Why didn't I look at that friggen sticker instead of searching through the computer? :rant:

So those new ATI drivers are not compatible with my graphics chip?

So those new ATI drivers are not compatible with my graphics chip?
The latest Win7 certified ones? No.
The Vista drivers might work. Especially since they woked at the beginning (as you say).

I'd install Win7 from scratch (write down your CD key first) and disable automatic updates.

Diogen.

The latest Win7 certified ones? No.
The Vista drivers might work. Especially since they woked at the beginning (as you say).

I'd install Win7 from scratch (write down your CD key first) and disable automatic updates.

Diogen.
Thanks...I'll try that.

Yeah, my last ATI card was a mobility in an 9lb Dell Inspiron. A new OS came out just a few months later and it not a pleasant experience. For that reason it was the last ATI I've ever owned.

When will you get Windows 7 answered

From the horses mouth:

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/07/21/when-will-you-get-windows-7-rtm.aspx

No upgrade installs from RC to RTM (or GM or FCS or whatever you like to call it). Looks like I'll just be installing the minimum number of apps to keep me going for a couple weeks (I just built a new Core i7 machine three weeks ago), then installing the real thing sometime after August 6th. I have a copy of my old XP install running on my new hardware, so I can easily go boot XP and run all my old apps, like seven years worth of TurboTax, and access fourteen years of old email, etc.

So that is the way MS treats those that helped them out (basically working for them), "Sorry, but you now need to buy Windows 7 if you want to continue to use Windows after 2010"?

Win 7 RTM is now available for download through MSDNAA. I was able to download Win 7 Professional (x64) RTM. This comes with a valid product key and will not expire. If you are a student, check with your IT department. I was able to join here as a student for $19/year. There is a huge list of MS titles that are available for free download.:D More info available here.

Win 7 RTM is now available for download through MSDNAA. I was able to download Win 7 Professional (x64) RTM. This comes with a valid product key and will not expire. If you are a student, check with your IT department. I was able to join here as a student for $19/year. There is a huge list of MS titles that are available for free download.:D More info available here.
My company just penned a deal with MSDN, so I have access to all the different versions of 7 for "Evaluation", except I can "Evaluate" them forever. I'll probably download a copy of Professional after I back up some stuff and throw an extra gig of RAM in to take full advantage of the 64-bit processing.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit RTM 7600.16385. I upgraded my computer's Vista Ultimate 64 bit successfully. It is much better than Vista and it takes much less time to boot up.

Of all the times my schools MSDNAA provider could be updating! I'm still running RC1 and have yet to find a problem. Too bad I will be modifying the ISO before installing since I don't want to flatten my computer again. Upgrade from RC1 to RTM coming soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts