Wow!!! It is Eerily quiet on this board today

Went to extra innings! :D

By the way...did anyone se this yesterday?

Sears Told That Deal to Save Voom May Be in Works

Monday March 7, 12:15 AM EST

Executives working for Voom, the satellite service owned by Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC), have assured Sears, Roebuck & Co. (S), the largest retailer of the service, that they likely have a deal that will keep the service going, a Sears spokeswoman told The Wall Street Journal.

Those assurances are a sign that Charles Dolan, Cablevision's chairman, may succeed in his bid to save the Voom service, which has been at the center of a bitter boardroom and family battle at the nation's-sixth largest cable operator.

Cablevision's new board is scheduled to meet today to consider Mr. Dolan's last-minute effort to buy the service himself. Last week, Mr. Dolan ousted three board members who had voted two times with the majority of board members to shut down Voom, his pet project for 10 years.

Mr. Dolan has spoken about Voom's status with Tasso Koken, Sears's vice president of home electronics, according to Lauren Jiles-Johnson, a Sears spokeswoman. She says that Sears is continuing to sell the service because Mr. Dolan indicated to Mr. Koken as recently as last week that they will be able to keep the service going. A Cablevision spokesman said that Charles Dolan last spoke to Mr. Koken weeks ago, but the spokesman couldn't comment about more- recent conversations between Mr. Koken and Voom officials.

Despite these assurances, a number of Sears stores have decided to stop selling Voom. Salesman at stores in Nebraska, Florida, Idaho, California and North Dakota contacted by The Wall Street Journal yesterday said they had discontinued selling the service. Ms. Jiles-Johnson said Sears stores that decided to take Voom off their shelves did so independently, probably on the basis of news reports about uncertainty surrounding Voom. The stores didn't get direction from the corporate office to stop selling the service, she said.

A cloud of uncertainty has hung over Voom since Cablevision's board first voted in January, over the objections of Mr. Dolan, to stop funding Voom and sell its only operational satellite to EchoStar Communications Corp., another satellite-TV operator. Charles Dolan's son, James Dolan, who is Cablevision's chief executive, voted with the majority, sparking a public falling out with his father.

Spokesmen for Mr. Dolan, Cablevision and EchoStar declined to comment.

Wall Street Journal Staff Reporter Peter Grant contributed to this report.

The longer they talk, I would think that the better for VOOM's survival. So as long as VOOM's survival is on the table they can talk as long as they like.

That is the 3rd posting of that story I have seen today.

Voomlover #640

In today's Newsday someone was interviewed about VOOM and he said VOOM has changed their tastes in their choice of television shows. EXACTLY. :yes

If your going to flip through hundreds of channels and settle on something you really didn't set out to watch anyway you might as well pick something that at least looks and sounds good. Otherwise why spend a grand or so for a tv set? The argument that HDTV sets are too expensive doesn't hold water. If VOOM has 46,000 subs that's a drop in the bucket compared to how many big screen HDTVs are out there. Those people that bought an expensive set but don't have VOOM are missing out and have wasted their money IMHO.

My only real problem with VOOM is the local stations. They should offer the locals in HD via the satellite and offer the OTA for those who want it and care about their local news and commercials. Then I would be in heaven.

Sorry if this is off topic but I just got here and I'm very confused. :confused: :D

GO CHARLES!!! GO!!!

Toshiba 46HX83
Toshiba SD43HT

5% of VoOm Subs

I seem that about 5% of VoOm subscribers are sitting here waiting for hopefully good news. I guess whatever happens we'll all make a record today for the most hits on this message board.

SatBizNews.com reported this morning:

"C. DOLAN-ERGEN: SOME TALK, NO DEAL ECHOSTAR"

Wish we had a subscription

To Voom or not to Voom...........

"To Voom or not to Voom, --that is the question:--
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of the Dolans
Or to take arms against a sea of HD troubles,
And by opposing end them?"

salsadancer7 said:
...is it me...or are we ALL hearing the Jeopardy jingle in the back of our minds...

I don't hear that, but I do hear everyone whispering like we're on the Golf Channel.

Ty2083 said:
Did it occur to anybody that the deliberations might run into tomorrow (perish the thought!)? They might just adjourn until tomorrow with no decision.........

No No No! I'm running low on Xanax as it is!

vurbano said:
How come when I say "fat lady" Im old that was not nice?
Because you are not nice. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)