wrong antena

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ariciu

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I recently bought a complete package to receive FTA programs. I ordered a 90cm antenna, motor, and receiver. The antenna I got is "Pansat satellite antenna", 105cm x 94cm that is made to be install on a mast.
I tried to install this antenna on the motor. It can only be installed upside down.

In the manual that came with the motor under description is recommended that "the motor works with any (offset) dish of up to 85cm in diameter. If the dish is not to heavy and is not exposed to hurricane winds, a bigger dish can be mounted."
I live in Florida!

I called the customer service and I've got to following email:
"To get a exact settings, and to trouble shoot this problem, Im going to refer you to www.satelliteguys.us
Here is a guide on how to register and post your question."

Forget about the guide…

My question is: I will ever be able to watch a program with this package?

What was the name of the company that sent you here?
What channels are you hoping to pick up, what channels did they tell you that would be available with your new system.
Need to know everything about the system to help, make model, same with the LNBF and motor.

What was the name of the company that sent you here?
- http://www.gosatellite.net/
What channels are you hoping to pick up, what channels did they tell you that would be available with your new system.
- No preference. They did not say anything about chanels. I did not ask.
Need to know everything about the system to help,
make model - Coolsat 4000 pro
motor - Pansat PM900S
LNBF - Digital LNBF Perfect Satellite TV Signal Reception :)
MADE IN CHINA http://www.mti.com.tw/
sorry this is all I found on the box.

I was able to receivie one chanel NASA using a dish 500 antena with its LNBF.
I tried to use my LNBF and I wasn't able to get a signal level grater than 90%

The Dish 500 will only get you 2-3 channels and some radio, need to know more about the LNBF, is it a .........

Standard L.O. 10750

Universal L.O. 9750-10600

You may have to call the company that you got it from, or have another look at the LNBF and give us any numbers that are on it!

ULTRASAT
High Band Single LNBF
Input Frequency: 11.7 - 12.75GHz
L.O. Frequency: 10.75GHz

ariciu said:
My question is: I will ever be able to watch a program with this package?

Yes. Quite a few.

Most of the more experienced people around here recommend you install the dish without the motor and find a few sats before you play with the motor.

If you give us your zip code, someone will give you a dump of where the sats are in the sky from where you are. If you've managed to find NASA, you've made some progess already.

Make sure if you try to get a KU sat you set your L.O. properly. (10750)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts