WS International WS1247 shipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I was thinking about getting a WS1247 and I've noticed shipping on this item is quite high. Any locations in or close to WV that I can pick one up? ;)

the reason the shipping is pretty high is because the box is HUGE! a 4 foot dish cant be broken down and its too big for UPS/FedEx shipping so it has to come by freight truck

I got one a few months ago and had to pay as much for shipping as I did the dish....there is no way around it. Funny thing though, if I had shipped to Green Bay instead of to Marquette the freight was only $80 instead of $140. Ask WSI if there is a city that is still within driving distance for you with cheaper shipping, they will look. For me it wasn't worth driving 3 hours coming and going to save $60.

I've been thinking that I want 1.2 meter also, but I would want the WS1247M, since I want to put it on HH motor. I don't expect to get one til early next year, but I travel to Georgia ocassionally to see grandchildren and might pick one up then. I live in Virginia, but near Princeton WV.

Oops thanks for pointing the WS1247M out. I also was interested in HH I just looked over the mount on the other one. Might just end up getting another 6 foot. WS International said they were a lot cheaper for dish and shipping. I just hate putting it together. 1 piece would be easier. ;)

My Actuator is useless too. Anyone have a good one that doesn't forget what satellite its on?

Ordered the 6 foot.

If I'm ever near a place that sells the 4 foot I'll pick one up in person. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts