WTF, Sunday Ticket price should be lowered not raised!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called yesterday evening. Strange, I have had ST for as long as I can remember, (D* since '94) but they told me that I wasn't getting renewal, didn't understand that. Anyway, gave the whole story about the wife going to kill me if I spent the money for the NFL ST this year (same story every year). CSR said she could help me out. $35 per month in discounts for the next 6 months. While online she asked if she could swap the HD reciever in the kitchen for a new HD DVR (I have 3 others) so all of my equipment would be Whole Home, which they would also do for free, the new DVR and install, of course I had to sign on for another 2 years, like I was going anywhere anyway. Anyway...the point, relef in the form of discounts can be gotten, I was probably owed a few.

Ok so after a day thinking I would go without Sunday ticket I decided to at least call once and see if I can get a discount. I called spoke to a very nice lady in Texas originally from chicago talked some football after looking at my account she offered the standard 20 off a month with to go for free i took it.

I know it's not the greatest discount, but I also have a discount with the premier package so I am not complaining

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Well after a fight over me moving and still have no service since the first date I could do it that was available would be Aug 8th, they gave me $200 in credits because I wanted to quit because I was so mad over them cancelling my appointment this past Saturday. So I got the Sunday Ticket due to the large credit they gave and it won't cost me much at all.

Ramy said:
Well after a fight over me moving and still have no service since the first date I could do it that was available would be Aug 8th, they gave me $200 in credits because I wanted to quit because I was so mad over them cancelling my appointment this past Saturday. So I got the Sunday Ticket due to the large credit they gave and it won't cost me much at all.

Good to hear you received credits

Ok so after a day thinking I would go without Sunday ticket I decided to at least call once and see if I can get a discount. I called spoke to a very nice lady in Texas originally from chicago talked some football after looking at my account she offered the standard 20 off a month with to go for free i took it.

I know it's not the greatest discount, but I also have a discount with the premier package so I am not complaining

$ 20 off for 6 months, during the football season, I would be very happy with that, if I can get it.

Anyone know the history of the sunday ticket going back to when it started? C-band etc. I would like to see how much it has gone up compared to MLB etc.

Sent from the Planet Earth

Anyone know the history of the sunday ticket going back to when it started? C-band etc. I would like to see how much it has gone up compared to MLB etc.

First thing would be to figure out how much Direct TV is paying and has paid the NFL for it being the exclusive provider vs numerous providers being able to show MLB Extra Innings.

Are you sitting down ?

I originally bought the ST the first years that is was available on C-Band for ............................... $ 79.

And we thought that was OUTRAGEOUS !
Of course it was SD, but there was no HD at the time.

Before that you could just search for the games and they were free, but it was nice to have them all on 1 sat, worth the $79. Then they split them between 2 sats and I switched to Directv.

Talked to the retention department today about pricing, got the Early Bird deal and the NFL To Go for free but was told the closer the season starts the more deals they would have to offer around the middle of August I was told to call back. I was told if I cancelled now I would not be eligible for any discounts this season. So I guess I wait and see if they can get me a better offer. *crosses fingers*

Are you sitting down ?

I originally bought the ST the first years that is was available on C-Band for ............................... $ 79.

And we thought that was OUTRAGEOUS !
Of course it was SD, but there was no HD at the time.
Wow, That is a jump . And now we the NFL Network. The first week is free for everyone. Many times the best games of the week are shown in many markets. .

I was able to get the redzone channel alone for free again this year as a former Sunday Ticket subscriber. I was very happy with that.

Perhaps with a lot of subs getting "discounts" on ST every year and the fact that most new D* subs get ST included at no cost, these may be the chief reasons why the rest of us have to pay more and more each season for the package. When ST was reasonably affordable at around $229, quite a few bitched and ran to the phone and got their discounts, while the rest of us just paid the price and went on with our lives. Well if, let's say, only 10 percent of the ST subs get even just a $50 credit from their annual ST bill, that could mean a significant chunk of change taken from the main pool that D* uses to pay for the rights to ST. And I'm being conservative with 10 percent. My point is that in the earlier days if everyone had just accepted the price and not tried to get something for nothing, perhaps we wouldn't be looking at over $300 this season. D* may make the rate this high knowing that a good percentage of subs will bitch again this year and they will come down on the price to satisfy them. And the fact that new D* subs get ST included is most likely also raising the price significantly. It may be good business sense for D* to get as many new subs this way, but it certainly isn't fair to those of us who have been subs for a long time. I don't like the price for ST any more than the rest of you, but unless there is a slowing down of everyone trying to get discounts, and/or D* including ST to new subs, the initial price will go up again next and year, and the year after that. Does this mean that we all have to plead for D* to give us a discount every year? I agree that if the cost of ST is too high for you, cancel it. Sports subscriptions are getting way out of hand, and with so many TV outlets, many games are on in most markets any way. I am a Yankee fan in Massachusetts and have Extra Innings, but I've noticed that there have been A LOT of Yankee games on national TV, whether it's ESPN, TBS, or MLB Network, and I am beginning to think that if this many games are available without EI, why pay the price for EI if that's all I watch? The same can be said for NFL games. Once upon a time only a few games were on TV each week, but now there are many as five or six games shown per week towards the end of the season. Sure it's nice to have access to every game, but the cost should be weighed with against the options available. So it needs to be up to the individual as to whether ST is worth it or not...but, in my opinion, the begging for discounts is a contributing factor to the outrageous increases for the rest of us every year!

Do you. Really think that the people calling in are the ones to blame ?
Really ???

When they are giving it away to anyone that decides to sign up ?

They have these discounts figured into the price already.
They could drop the price down to $ 200 forever and some would not be happy ...
Then again as I posted earlier I paid $ 79 the first year it came out .

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

There was some idiot who claimed retention gamers were the reason XM is in trouble too.. If that's what you want to believe, then that's your prerogative. Doesn't make it true, and it definitely doesn't make you look like you have ANY idea what you're talking about.

They know who is getting what, and how many times you've called for what reason, it's all on the screen in front of them. There is absolutely nothing stopping them from telling you to pound sand when you threaten to cancel.

Yes smaug07 I get what you are saying,,,,don't agree, but understand how you could come up with the thought process. As far as i am concerned
my $200 plus monthly sat bill entitles me to get whatever I can to ease the pain. As my wife and Gloria from odern Family would say, "Its a doggie dog world out there."

Perhaps with a lot of subs getting "discounts" on ST every year and the fact that most new D* subs get ST included at no cost, these may be the chief reasons why the rest of us have to pay more and more each season for the package. When ST was reasonably affordable at around $229, quite a few bitched and ran to the phone and got their discounts, while the rest of us just paid the price and went on with our lives. Well if, let's say, only 10 percent of the ST subs get even just a $50 credit from their annual ST bill, that could mean a significant chunk of change taken from the main pool that D* uses to pay for the rights to ST. And I'm being conservative with 10 percent. My point is that in the earlier days if everyone had just accepted the price and not tried to get something for nothing, perhaps we wouldn't be looking at over $300 this season. D* may make the rate this high knowing that a good percentage of subs will bitch again this year and they will come down on the price to satisfy them. And the fact that new D* subs get ST included is most likely also raising the price significantly. It may be good business sense for D* to get as many new subs this way, but it certainly isn't fair to those of us who have been subs for a long time. I don't like the price for ST any more than the rest of you, but unless there is a slowing down of everyone trying to get discounts, and/or D* including ST to new subs, the initial price will go up again next and year, and the year after that. Does this mean that we all have to plead for D* to give us a discount every year? I agree that if the cost of ST is too high for you, cancel it. Sports subscriptions are getting way out of hand, and with so many TV outlets, many games are on in most markets any way. I am a Yankee fan in Massachusetts and have Extra Innings, but I've noticed that there have been A LOT of Yankee games on national TV, whether it's ESPN, TBS, or MLB Network, and I am beginning to think that if this many games are available without EI, why pay the price for EI if that's all I watch? The same can be said for NFL games. Once upon a time only a few games were on TV each week, but now there are many as five or six games shown per week towards the end of the season. Sure it's nice to have access to every game, but the cost should be weighed with against the options available. So it needs to be up to the individual as to whether ST is worth it or not...but, in my opinion, the begging for discounts is a contributing factor to the outrageous increases for the rest of us every year!

I think you are waaaaaay over estimating the percentage of subscribers getting a discount. There are over 19.5M+ subscribers to Direct TV. If only 10% of those get Sunday Ticket that's approx 2M to start with getting Sunday Ticket....I bet the number is higher but I'm being extremely conservative. Now you are saying you think 10% (and you think that is actually higher) of those are getting a discount? You really think 200,000 people are getting discounts on Sunday Ticket? No way in the world....that number is probably closer to 2,000 than it is to 200,000. The number of subscribers that view these threads and/or learn from their friends about these threads is probably 0.25% (one-quarter of one percent) of the total 19.5M+ subscriber base.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts