Status
Please reply by conversation.

hank123

COLORADO CONNOISSEUR BUD HUNTER
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 8, 2016
N. Colorado
Got my X2 Premium V in today. Same size as the X2 Mini and everything else looks the same.
Ill crack her open later and show her guts next the the X2 Mini.

Scans 97w 3940 H 30000 fine no audio skip
99W: 3720 H 8700 getting a little drop, works about 80%
101W: 3953 V 2734, 3957 V 2734, 3961 V 2734, 3974 V 5924 nothing wont lock. Tried 5/6 and 3/4.

Loads of options in the menus. You can even key a custom LNBF frequency.
Fast Blind scan
all around good receiver

Ill be more then happy to scan anything else anyone wants C or KU.

Few menu shots
20160924_164002.jpg
20160924_163914.jpg
20160924_163840.jpg

Reactions: FTA4PA
I cracked open the Premium.
This is what I can tell you.

Power supply is the same as the mini. NOTING different. Mini left, Premium right.

We do see a few differences. Heat sink is twice the size. It comes up like a birds wing above the board.
The board has also been redesigned on the Premium.
Memory chip (MCU) is different as well in a different location.

20160924_223126.jpg

Mini

20160924_223151.jpg

Premium
20160924_223157.jpg

Oh ya the Premium buttons are not hard set in the box. When you crack her open they fall right out. You have to put the box together upside down.
20160924_223044.jpg

Looks like they redesigned the board layout to make room for a larger heatsink. Definitely had to move that crystal oscillator. Are you going to pop the heatsink to see what main processor it has? :hungry2

Reactions: hank123
I can, what is the best way to remove the epoxy? I'll remove both of them.

I usually twist them off either with a pliers or in this case you might even be able to do it by hand since you would have more leverage with its rectangular shape. I would twist it away from the crystal to avoid damaging it.

Reactions: hank123
You might want to wait to do this until you have some thermal adhesive. I don't think regular epoxy will work to reattach it because it doesn't conduct heat very well. I used "Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive" from Amazon for mine.

You might want to wait to do this until you have some thermal adhesive. I don't think regular epoxy will work to reattach it because it doesn't conduct heat very well. I used "Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive" from Amazon for mine.

Word up! I used this stuff on video cards. Super glue. Try to remove your going to trash the card.

Please note: Since all DVBS2 receivers appear to now be receiving the problematic 101w channels (ALI chipsets included), I wouldn't consider the reception test to be a definitive proof of reception. All ALI chipsets that I tested had been unable to lock these channels during the past several months and I would expect this receiver to provide the same experience as it uses the common ALI 3510 chipset

Please note: Since all DVBS2 receivers appear to now be receiving the problematic 101w channels (ALI chipsets included), I wouldn't consider the reception test to be a definitive proof of reception. All ALI chipsets that I tested had been unable to lock these channels during the past several months and I would expect this receiver to provide the same experience as it uses the common ALI 3510 chipset
Well sonofa b,just checked the AZUltra and they're just booming in.Bout time they fixed whatever they busted :biggrin

Glad to see these are back to normal again but I'm not holding my breath as they came back before and then left again. Figures we all go buy different receivers to get them and... :rolleyes:

I think I'll stick with the V8 Super. Have not had any distinguishable problems with it since it arrived. Can not say the same about other receivers that cost a whole lot more.

I have one of those coming too in a week or 3. (china)

Now just need more time to play around with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts