X2 premium

luis2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Toronto
From China to Canada $58 shipping include the X2 good box blind scan the best simple box .Compare to the two azbox I have premium plus and minime the blind scan not compare .The two vantages vt1 and vantage 1100hd are good to.But For the price x2 the best .Good support for now and 80 satellites available now.No complains $58 shipping include to Canada and no problems simple box like on the old days.I like the box I never have one box for $58 cad dollars and no problems free to air better than ever.Free to air the suppliers in north America and Europe did make one Fortune selling expensive lnbs and receivers and samethimes don't working very good and most receivers and lnbs are made in South Korea and China same in Japan not to many.Democracy selling expensive and not do one good job same as the new cars nice but not good

Last edited:
Oh no!! Not the dreaded X2 receiver again?? :rant: :deadhorse:
This is a technical forum, so why not make a few technical points about the X2 premium?

The 80 satellites are good, but you can only use 64 of them at one time. The blindscan is really excellent. The video output is not as good on Standard Definition as the ALI chipset receivers like the Geosat Pro Micro HD (which really has 99 satellite positions and is the only low cost receiver to have that wonderful capability) and the Amiko receivers also use the ALI chipset. The X2 Premium HD makes a pretty nice FTA receiver for C and Ku band and has few bugs in day to day operation. It is manufactured in China.

The X2 Premium HD has both UL and Dolby marks on the receiver. It has an internal power supply, which makes UL compliance harder than receivers with a UL wall wart. I have no way to know if they paid for them, but UL will stop shipments where someone is counterfeiting their mark and the required compliance. Dolby is pretty particular, too.

China

Yes typically in China and better then most receivers the price are over two hundred dollars

no complains for the price because I have one of the best receivers vantage vt1 very expensive very good to.The x2 for the price are one very good receiver.I no the Micro and the Micro in all the time but not perfect made in the usa?

Last edited:
Yeah well, I'll admit that the X2 probably isn't all that bad as long as you don't require it to move a dish! Seems that is one issue that has never been fully resolved. In fact, I got a PM from another member here this morning stating that he had gotten so frustrated with his that he just moved it to a stationary Ku dish! ;)

I'm still surprised that X2 ships the receivers with other legally questionable items included with the factory FW. I noticed it the minute I first went through the menus on initial setup.

Trademark and unlicensed products slip in under the radar because they are brought in with small quantity multi-carton express shipments and often claimed as exempt product samples.

Customs enforcement of trademark infringement typically happens on LCL and full containers, not on express. Most products like this are shipped in small multi-case quantities directly to Amazon. Amazon does not cooperate in cases of trademark infringement, because they are not the importer and in most cases the importer is outside the US.

Often the trademarked logos are not printed, but the technology is enabled. Just a ruse to get through customs. Dolby and USB enforcement teams are very aware of the infringing products such as AzAmerica, X2, OpenBox brands and have discussed enforcement with many of us who import satellite products.

Strange that on this forum we absolutely do not discuss signal theft, but almost celebrate the low cost of products that openly steal technology and thumb their noses at intellectual properties... Just an observation.... :D

Strange that on this forum we absolutely do not discuss signal theft, but almost celebrate the low cost of products that openly steal technology and thumb their noses at intellectual properties... Just an observation.... :D

I expect that most members here don't even know there's a problem in that area. I know I've never heard or knew anything about it until you brought it up. I guess it's just "assumed" that what is sold on fleabay, Amazon etc meets standards set for product sales here in the States.

Trademark and unlicensed products slip in under the radar because they are brought in with small quantity multi-carton express shipments and often claimed as exempt product samples.

Customs enforcement of trademark infringement typically happens on LCL and full containers, not on express. Most products like this are shipped in small multi-case quantities directly to Amazon. Amazon does not cooperate in cases of trademark infringement, because they are not the importer and in most cases the importer is outside the US.

Often the trademarked logos are not printed, but the technology is enabled. Just a ruse to get through customs. Dolby and USB enforcement teams are very aware of the infringing products such as AzAmerica, X2, OpenBox brands and have discussed enforcement with many of us who import satellite products.

I'd pay maybe as much as $200 for a solid, trustworthy, North American receiver that had everything I need, such as good 99 sats motor and switch control, perfect DVR capability w/30 second skip, internet capability even if for nothing more than PERFECT CLOCK CONTROL, (so it would actually keep time, because many out there DON'T), great SD and HD picture resolution, and maybe some other things I can't think of right now, but you probably can. I don't particularly need 4.2.2 myself, but many others can't seem to ask for anything else.

The MicroHD would have been a nearly perfect match to that list if it had internet capability to force the clock to not drift, and didn't brick itself when the UDF file had an error in it. Some people would of course add 4.2.2 to that list.

So, I'd say you have yet another device to design and to add to the "next UP for Titanium".

Then again knowing you, you probably already DO have this is the wings, and are keeping quiet about it...

You are quite probably the only hope we have of getting a true FTA receiver that can do nearly all things people really want for the US market, and cornering that market on a great receiver.

No, not hijacking a thread to discuss any future projects or dream machines. Just want to remind folks about the realities of intellectual properties and licensing.

It is good to support products that license and further R&D product development rather than buy from bottom feeders that steal products and designs, undercutting the real market costs just to put a few bucks in their pockets. It is no different than buying stolen merchandise from a known thief. It really comes down to our own personal values and morals. Unfortunately, in current society this is often excused through the validation of saving a few dollars.

It's not that simple. Who is a known thief...Samsung?...Apple?...Microsoft? All of them? Many companies have actions against them. It is too complicated for the average consumer to determine. This is why I say it is not for the end user to guess. And it cannot be assumed that an inexpensive product has stolen intellectual property. A consumer must decide what to buy based on how well a product meshes with their needs and budget. That is how capitalism works. Lawyers can handle the rest.

You mentioned piracy, if piracy were permitted to be discussed here it would be discussed here. Given the popularity of IKS it might as well be IKEA -- just not here. Thankfully.

Is it really too complicated when specific brands and models are known and discussed? If in doubt, simply ask the seller for the product documentation. Copies of licenses, certification and compliance are provided for each product listing a specific brand and model.

In this case, the X2 has no license for Dolby or USB. It does not have certification or compliance for safety or communication regulators for North America. The factory firmware has IKS preloaded.

Would you really trust an attorney to litigate right or wrong? LOL!!!

It all starts with each one of us making a decision based on what we know and not sticking our collective head in the sand like an ostrich.

I guess the Chinese figured out a way to get around US copyright laws and if that's the case then therein lies the problem. It also seems they get manufacturing contracts from legit companies and after that production run they (Chinese) build a similar product and sell it themselves, ie, clones. At least that's how I see it.

Wonder how many satellite dishes are in China, or better yet, I wonder how many of the people there can even afford to own one! I'll bet they only sell them in overseas markets.

And on another note, has anyone besides me noticed that X2Sat (X Square Products, China) on fleabay went in and undercut the price of those X2 Premium HD receivers that their VENDORS are selling on there by about $25 each?? Nice company to do business with, hey??? NOT!!! I guess that is one way to increase sales though, ie, sell a bunch of receivers to vendors for resale then hang them out to dry in the retail markets. Who's going to pay $75 for one when the manufacturer is selling them for $56?

Sorry for the rant but I've still got a "bad taste in my mouth" from the run around I got from X Square on that receiver I got that wouldn't move my dish. If VIP3R hadn't of given me the refund out of his own pocket I'd probably still be waiting on X Square to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)