Xact Sirius portable radio install question??

frankenfish

Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I just purchased an Exact portable and was looking for a little advice? I will be mostly using this in my car (Hummer H2) and i am looking for the best way to mount this.
I bought the portable battery/antenna pack and was hoping to just use this in my car but it is kinda bulky and the antenna reception is a little weak. I temporarily have put the magnetic antenna on the roof from the car kit and it seems to work better. I will be listening to it from the fm station since i don't care to take my car radio out and hardwire it.
Should i use the little plastic car docking stand or is there something better out there (more durable) and if i use it will the 3M sticking device on the bottom stay put (and will a ever be able to get it off my dash if i choose?). I guess the dash is the best place to install it but i'm a little concerned that it may get ripped off since it will be very visible from the outside.
Any other mounting suggestions would be greatly appreciated/
Thanks alot.

i bought i console to sit on the transmission hump (under the ashtray) of my cady due to the same concerns. i attached my XACT base with 4 stainless steel nuts, bolts and lock washers. cost = about $10 and no one can see it and it works flawlessly.

Attachments

• DSCF0560.JPG
    DSCF0560.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF0565.JPG
    DSCF0565.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF0569.JPG
    DSCF0569.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 221
that's an excellent setup you have, unfortuneatly i have no room to install that. i believe i am going to mount it to the top of the ashtray cup that came with my car that fits into the cupholder. thanks for the pictures.

I have a cupholder mount for the xact unit.
Let me know if you are interested in it and I can provide a pic.
RK

Please post the cupholder mount - I need to try and do one of those in my Honda Odyssey.

I tried to load it but can't figure out how to paste the pic.

email me at rk69rn@yahoo.com or let me know your email and I'll send it to you.

It is a universal that will work for most plug and play units.

Here are the pics.
I threw in the windshield mount that I use. It's rated up to 20lbs.

RK

Attachments

• cupholder mount2.jpg
    cupholder mount2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 242

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts