XBOX One Owners Thread

Another thing they do is IF one of them is playing XBOX One they walk by each others room and say "XBOX OFF.... YES!" and turn off each others XBOX. I wish XBOX OFF command could be disabled.
May as well unplug the kinect for the time being, although I know if that happened in my house and my sibling did that to me, they'd do it once, and only once..

No, I still have the ps4, but really dont even play that lol, I got killzone and Love it but I just dont have much game time in my life...the only game I really really played was halo.. I have thought about getting rid of the ps4 just to break even right now and really see what I want to do as far as ps4, xbox one, and wii u (which I got the kids one of these)

would love to try xbox one, but again, just cant pull the trigger on putting more money out there.

Just announced... we will be giving away a XBOX ONE - DAY ONE EDITION at our annual Holiday Party on Monday Night December 16th! :)

If you don't have one... then you might just win one! :D

Just announced... we will be giving away a XBOX ONE - DAY ONE EDITION at our annual Holiday Party on Monday Night December 16th! :)

If you don't have one... then you might just win one! :D

Like I said in the PS4 thread, this is very cool! I already have both systems so I won't be entering the running but I hope they go to people who will get some good use out of them.

Well, I've had a chance to screw around with the Xbox One for a night and here are my first impressions.

First, it's a nice looking machine even if it is pretty huge next to a PS4. I can't believe they still couldn't fit the power supply inside the console though. The PS4 is quite a bit smaller and they were still able to fit it in the box instead of using a big power brick. I can't believe they still don't have a rechargeable battery in the controller either. The PS3/PS4 controllers come with this standard while the 360/One make you pay extra for it. This thing is even quieter than the PS4 that was already pretty damn quiet. I'm talking silent from my my normal seating position.

The only game I currently have is Dead Rising. This game is not pretty compared to the other next gen games I have played. It does have more unique characters on the screen than any game I have ever played though. They clearly put all their resources into that instead of nice textures. It may not look graphically impressive but this is clearly a next gen game. The 360/PS3 would never have been able to render that many zombies at the same time. It isn't a crowd of clones either. They are randomly generated and they each look different. Most importantly the game is outrageous and fun.

The Kinect works great for game and menu commands. It has been spot on when I ask it to do something almost every time. It's truly easier to navigate the complicated menus by voice than it is with a controller. Sadly, using it for TV control is a different story. The voice commands are very hit or miss. Sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it doesn't understand what I want no matter how many different ways I try to say it. I had no problems navigating to NFL Network or any of the ESPN channels. Certain channels like MLB Network, EPIX, and Encore were impossible for me to get to without my remote. I also remember them asking for specific shows instead of channel names in their demo. The example they kept using was The Price Is right. I tried this with lots of things lited in the guide and it didn't work for any of them.

The biggest issue with using Kinect to control your TV is lack of DVR support. You can use kinect for trick play but you can't use it to play a recording from your DVR. I only watch sports and news live. Even if the voice control worked perfectly for TV every time, the fact that it can't control DVRs severely limits it's usefulness. You definitely won't be throwing your remote away anytime soon.

I wish the Xbox supported HDMI pass through when the system is turned off. I don't want to boot up the Xbox every time I watch TV. It won't always be useful for my viewing habits and I'd rather not deal with the extra menues and wasted power. That being said, the multitasking features are useful enough to make me want to keep routing my hopper through the Xbox. Tonight, I tried playing Dead Rising with the NFL game snapped to the side. I wouldn't want to do this with movies or TV shows but I would definitely snap NFL RedZone to the side on Sunday afternoons while I'm playing a game. This was cool but it needs some tweaking. The problem is that they don't let you control the volume of the game and the TV show separately. The Xbox One mixes the two audio sources together. The football game on NFL Network completely overpowered Dead Rising. I could hear sounds from DR3 but I couldn't understand the dialogue. That's fine if you are playing an online shooter like Call of Duty but not so much if you are trying to follow a video game story line. If they would allow us to turn the snapped audio down or even just mute it I would get more use out of it.

Another plus is using multitasking while watching TV. When I was done playing DR3 I put NFL game on full screen. Then I snapped the NFL app to the side. This gave me a real time scoreboard for my fantasy football playoff game off to the side of the live game. The scores were updating almost instantly every time either of our players ran the ball. This is a cool feature that can be used while you're playing a game, watching any channel, watching Netflix etc... The downside is that it only works for NFL.com leagues but luckily I happen to be in one of those. I really hope this feature is added for the MLB season.

Edit: I was able to get kinect to tune to MLB Network after adding it to my favorite channel list. It still doesn't tune to the right channel every time I say "watch MLB Network" but I'd say it's at least 50 50 now.

Last edited:
I actually like the fact that the power brick is outside. It keeps the heat out of the system. Also, it sits behind my TV so it's not really an ascetic deal breaker. There are demos in the XBL Marketplace you can download if you get tired of DR3. Ryse was a suprise to me. I love the hell out of that game. Forenza is great, as well as Need for Speed. Madden feels like any other generation. Nothing to write home about. Call of Duty is pretty good and I have heard of nothing but probs with BF4. Definitely purchase Forenza.

I actually like the fact that the power brick is outside. It keeps the heat out of the system. Also, it sits behind my TV so it's not really an ascetic deal breaker. There are demos in the XBL Marketplace you can download if you get tired of DR3. Ryse was a suprise to me. I love the hell out of that game. Forenza is great, as well as Need for Speed. Madden feels like any other generation. Nothing to write home about. Call of Duty is pretty good and I have heard of nothing but probs with BF4. Definitely purchase Forenza.

I'm not a fan of racing games in general but if I were going to pick one to play on the Xbox One I would choose Need for Speed over Forza. I had Forza 4 on the 360 and I know the graphics have always been outstanding in that series. The level of detail is great and I get why people like those games. I'm just not into sim racing games. Driving games that I've actually had fun with in the past are arcadey games like Burnout. Part of it is that I'm just not good at simulation racers. I need my driving games to go easy on me when I bump into something. The best ones actually encourage it.

I wont be be buying either game but I may rent them from gamefly at some point. The lack of games coming out soon for both PS4 and Xbox One means I will probably play almost all of the launch games on both systems eventually.

He is getting his money back, but he even admits that the listing said that it was for a photo. Personally, I think that the seller should be entitled to the payment, and no refund should be issued.

[FONT=open_sans]Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay.[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sans]

[/FONT]

He is getting his money back, but he even admits that the listing said that it was for a photo. Personally, I think that the seller should be entitled to the payment, and no refund should be issued.
I don't get why the guy went public with it. If I were stupid enough to fall for something like that the LAST thing I'd do is alert the media about it.

[FONT=open_sans]

[/FONT]

eBay needs to protect the integrity of its site. The listing was clearly meant to mislead, to scam customers, and eBay has a responsibility to protect customers against such practices if they want people to have confidence in eBay being a trustworthy marketplace. Sure, the kid had rose colored glasses on, but given the circumstances (how could any legitimate seller be selling a photo of product for that amount of money?) and my trust that I would be protected by eBay/PayPal from fraudulent transactions, I might have pulled the trigger myself if I was that desperate for a console.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts