XBOX One Owners Thread

I leave my XB1 on all the time to minimize spousal frustration with the TV passthrough. Do I need to turn it off to get the update, or will it force it through during idle time (like they incessantly do with my PC)?

Does anyone else cover up the camera while in bed? Just feels a little weird having that camera at you.

Mine isn't in my bedroom but I wouldn't bother even if it was. Even if the government or Microsoft did want to spy on people through kinect cameras there are millions of people who own them. Most of the time if they turned it on no one would be in front of the camera and even if they were they would probably be doing some mundane activity that isn't worth watching. Plus most of us already own countless devices with cameras built in. For some reason people don't worry about the camera on their cell phone, tablet, or laptop but the kinect freaks them out.

I just find it hard to believe that someone has enough time on their hands to watch me sleep through the kinect. I have said this before in another thread but I'll say it again. If they wanted to spy on me all they would see is a guy eating to much and playing video games. They don't have enough manpower to sit there watching that type of activity all day. They probably could target specific people if they wanted to but it's just not something I'm worried about.

Good Point.

I accidentally left it on all night last night and no hiccups. I really like this system its quiet and not hot.

This is pretty funny... a guy trolled Xbox One users with his gamertag. Just watch. NSFW due to language.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/24/titanfall-xbox-one-bundle-announced

If you are still on the fence about whether you want to get an Xbox One you might want to wait a little longer. They are releasing a Titanfall bundle on March 11th when the game comes out. It's still $100 more than the PS4 but throwing in the system's flagship game for free certainly sweetens the pot. Sucker Punch has confirmed that there will be an inFamous Second Son Collector's Edition PS4 bundle too but they didn't announce the price. My guess is that unlike the Xbox One bundle this will cost more than the standalone PS4.

Just picked one up! Or should i say "put together one".:) Total spent $392 including shipping, Dead rising 3 and COD ghost!:eek: Bought a "console only" for $255, controller for $45, old but new 205 watt, $23 Xbox 360 powerbrick, A $6 adapter cable fron China that allows you to use the "silent" 360 brick and then $27 each for the used games that i'm still waiting for. But, everythings working great! And yes, i don't have the Kinect! If anybody else want's to go this route PM me and i'll "link" you the Ebay sellers i used for the equipment! Console is under full warranty from Microsoft and OEM power supply is available for order from them for $35 after you register the console. I wasn't aware of that until after i already purchased the 360 PS. I heard they are better anyways!

Last edited:
I cant wait for Titanfall. I have been playing Tomb Raider right now and it is an amazing game. Really enjoying the Xbox one.

OKAY I gave in traded in the kids wii u and got a xbox one...Right now Gamestop is having a trade a console in and get 50% more towards a xbox one. I have to say I am really impressed by this thing (yes I talked a bunch of junk before it was released). IT took me using it to realllllyyyy like it. I love that I can walk in a room and say xbox on and my tv and surround sound and everything just clicks on and either go to netflix or tv all pretty much by voice. My question is do you think having this thing on that much (my wife and kids at home during the day with the tv on, and them me at home at night with tv or game on) will kill it soon? or is it something I shouldnt worry about. CANT WAIT for titanfall I already have it pre ordered!

Too early to tell how leaving it on will effect it. I do not turn mine off however. Its so quiet I cant tell its on most of the time.

Too early to tell how leaving it on will effect it. I do not turn mine off however. Its so quiet I cant tell its on most of the time.

This is the truest statement out there right now! Its dead quiet. As long as they add 3D bluray playback I am set. As I told you on Facebook, I think the overall experience of a xbox one is HEAD and SHOULDERS above what the PS4 offers. It truly is created to be the center of your entertainment and its kinda cool. I dont know if I will keep my tv run through the xbox one forever but right now it works and even my wife and kids can use it just by using their voice. THe one frustrating thing is no auto sign in without kinect. I have my kinect in the back corner just for voice as there are NO extenders out there right now, so either I move the xbox one somehow to the front of the room underneath the tv and projector screen, or to a corner by it and make it look as nice as I can. But to me this is easy to rectify. Again I am blown away by what I was missing and talking trash on, it truly is a great experience so far. Kinect to me is what I thought it should have been when it first came out, and if Titanfall is anything like what they say I will be set until Halo comes out, I just need to get a copy of Dead Rising to play as well!