XBOX One Owners Thread

You get it for free for preordering quantum break from the Xbox One digital store, and also get the PC copy of quantum break with it and your saves transfer back and forth.

Phil Spencer says they're going to make this type of cross buy/saves a platform feature and that we can expect more of this.

Excited to hear that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You get it for free for preordering quantum break from the Xbox One digital store, and also get the PC copy of quantum break with it and your saves transfer back and forth.

Phil Spencer says they're going to make this type of cross buy/saves a platform feature and that we can expect more of this.

Excited to hear that.

I wouldn't mind getting a free copy of The Master Chief Collection or Gears Ultimate Edition when they are ported to PC. I pre-ordered both of them digitally so I suppose it could be possible.

I doubt it'd end up being retroactive, but as a pre-order incentive it's damn nice. I went from likely getting Quantum Break later to probably pre-ordering it digitally.

Sony couldn't seem to pull this off very well w/ the Vita, interested to see how well MS does with it.

So here's something I learned today (and I apologize for being ignorant on this until now) but APPARENTLY if Live is down, or the "authentication" service is down, you can't play games you purchased digitally. WTF? Wasn't it fear of this sh*t happening that turned everyone against the One in the first place? I thought they fixed this crap.

Oh, BTW Xbox Live is f*cked up right now so now you can't play any games your purchased digitally, even if you tell it to play offline..

Yeah. Both consoles do that unless you disconnect the internet or make sure your home console stuff is set out something.

The idea that these consoles don't require a nearly 24/7 connection is a fallacy.

Actually it looks like there's a setting to set your Xbox One as the "home" console and it bypasses this. Of course it's not working right now because authentication is screwed up. Still annoying. Given that we have to PAY for the "privilege" to play games online and get "free" games this should be more iron clad. And we as consumers deserve some sort of retribution when this stuff goes down. As bad as PSN is at least they're usually liberal with giving out free stuff when their systems aren't up to snuff.

I discovered this a few hours ago trying to access....THE MEDIA PLAYER!!!! :wtf

I can't get into it to play anything DLNA or locally or use my HDHomeRun tuner. None of this should require any internet whatsoever! Disconnecting from the internet gives the message to add media or a DLNA share. What a joke. Of course Netflix doesn't work either. COD BOIII custom game worked....put me in spectator mode didn't give a loadout selection screen. I suppose I'm lucky to have gotten that far since I have the physical disc.

X360 seems fine. Plays Netflix and multiplayer no issues.

I have my Xbox One set as my home console so games automatically download when I buy them on Xbox.com or through the iOS app. I am still able to play my Xbox One games when the system is offline. My PS4 is also set as my primary console on my PSN account. I believe I can play my digital purchases on either system even when offline.

And I added my console as a Home one but things still screwed up. I was able to get into Rayman Legends but it kept interrupting me to say that I needed to insert my game disc (which doesn't exist because it's a digital purchase.) I could still access online features within the game but the constant interruptions stopped me from enjoying myself. What a crock..

I have been using Hulu Plus on the Xbox One since I got home from work. I tested my digital copy of Rayman Legends from Games With Gold and it appears to be working normally. I didn't play it long enough to see if there would be interruptions though. I just played a single level.

I did just check The Master Chief Collection and got the error message telling me to insert the disc on boot up. This was a digital purchase so I obviously don't have a disc. It appears that even if you had your console set as your home console before the server issues some games are still affected.

Well I think I speak for every Xbox One owner when I say:

(Skip to 4:24 if it doesn't start properly.)

Seriously, WTF? My PS4 doesn't have this issue. I never set my PS4 as my primary console and I launched multiple games with 0 issues. I'm going to investigate the EULA of these games once the damn service comes back to see if there's any literature that clearly states "If our service is f*cked you can't play our games" because if there isn't then you can bet I'll be raising some hell with their support tomorrow.

Reactions: T134
I'm sure they have a team of lawyers to make sure they are covered in case of things like this. I doubt they will be legally on the hook for anything. That doesn't mean they won't give something away to keep people happy, especially if this lasts for an extended period of time.

Server issues would be one of their most easily predicted problems to cover themselves against.

The Media Player and Netflix appear to be working now so I'd guess that most if not everything is back up and working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)