XBOX One Owners Thread

Xbox One gets Xbox 1 BC tomorrow

Original Xbox compatibility, and 13 games, arriving on Xbox One tomorrow

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that now EVERY game will be compatible. Unfortunately unlike what was done with the 360's original "1" BC where basically every game was theoretically compatible with different levels of quality, here it's going to be like 360 emulation and only specific games work (albeit with better general quality.)

So for the One X launch, looks like it's all based around EST, so stores will be able to sell it at 9pm PST on the left coast.

Gears 4 was patched yesterday, have it downloaded and ready to go. Need to network transfer Shadows of War over to the external drive on my One S so I'll have that ready too.

Getting mine tomorrow night, can't wait.
I'm fine with my OG model. I think it's a cool concept in theory but if you have a powerful gaming PC there really isn't a need for it IMO. So many Xbox games are on the PC anyways that you're really not missing much. Compare that to the PS4, where there's so many exclusives that a PS4 Pro might actually make sense to get their exclusives at their peak performance.

Regardless, I don't see myself picking up either "enhanced" system anytime soon. I don't have a 4K/HDR television, nor do I play enough One/PS4 games to justify getting them.

I have a 4k TV and a powerful gaming PC with 34" gsync ultrawide.

I'm investing in the ecosystem, I'm all in for a new powerful console every 4-5 years.

If Madden was on PC I could consider dropping consoles.

Sony has some titles I'm interested in, will consider their platform again when the PS5 hits. If it's not backwards compatible like the MS consoles will be for the foreseeable future then I might not but another Sony console again.

So many Xbox games are on the PC anyways that you're really not missing much. Compare that to the PS4, where there's so many exclusives that a PS4 Pro might actually make sense to get their exclusives at their peak performance.

This is exactly why I upgraded to a PS4 Pro when I got my 4K TV but I don't have any plans to buy an Xbox One X at this point. First, Sony puts out more exclusives that I actually want to play and second Microsoft also puts their exclusives on PC. I almost never turn on my Xbox One because I prefer to play most of my Xbox games on PC.

This isn't a knock against Microsoft. I love their Play Anywhere program and wish Sony had something similar. It just means that I had less reason to spend $500 on an Xbox One X while I know I will get use out of the $400 PS4 Pro.

Went to Best Buy today and I got the ticket #2 out of 2, I got lucky. The Xbox one x is awesome and no stupid power brick!

It the power supply built in?

Personally I prefer bricks (even though they get in the way), because if/when they fail, they're a whole lot easier to replace than an internal power supply.

Yeah it is, it’s surprisingly small and the cables have a nice feel to it.
Also the controller has a nice texture to it.

This is one of the few reasons I simply buy the disk, they still have to update and patch files but don’t take up as much space.
But yeah we need these consoles to start shipping with 2TB HDDs at least.

I don’t think buying the disc actually helps with storage space on the new consoles. Both the PS4 and Xbox One require you to install the games to the hard drive before you can play even if you buy a physical copy. I’m pretty sure this is because the blu-ray drives read data much slower than a hard drive can.

The physical copies can help people with slow internet or small data caps but even then the benefit is limited since so many games still require large update downloads on day one.

I don’t think buying the disc actually helps with storage space on the new consoles. Both the PS4 and Xbox One require you to install the games to the hard drive before you can play even if you buy a physical copy. I’m pretty sure this is because the blu-ray drives read data much slower than a hard drive can.

The physical copies can help people with slow internet or small data caps but even then the benefit is limited since so many games still require large update downloads on day one.

If anything I can still resell them after I am done with them.

Reactions: Derwin0
This is one of the few reasons I simply buy the disk, they still have to update and patch files but don’t take up as much space.
But yeah we need these consoles to start shipping with 2TB HDDs at least.
Doesn't the XBox One (and PS4) install the entire game onto the Harddrive, and only use the disc for authorization to play? If so, the file size of the install will be the same.

The reason this is done is due to increased read times on the blueray drive, which the PS3 suffered from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts