Xenforo Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK,
Is there a way to turn the side bar OFF, so that when I WANT to see it, I click the 3 dots and back off when I'm done ?
I have tried closing it, once you leave the site and come back, its Open again.

I thought it was mentioned that it was only showing on the Main page, but it now looks like its open when ever you get on the site, regardless of where on the forum.
Did I miss a setting ?

Reactions: TheKrell
OK,
Is there a way to turn the side bar OFF, so that when I WANT to see it, I click the 3 dots and back off when I'm done ?
I have tried closing it, once you leave the site and come back, its Open again.

I thought it was mentioned that it was only showing on the Main page, but it now looks like its open when ever you get on the site, regardless of where on the forum.
Did I miss a setting ?
Turn it off in your preferences, It’s the first option.

So, I've been trying to mimic Multiview by ignoring all the forums except for the handful that I follow and just use What's New and Watched Threads. So far so good. If I have a thread that I'm watching that happens to be in an ignored forum, then it appears to hide that watched thread as well. Can't seem to find a way around that.
So, this is getting even more frustrating. I have my Threads Per Page set at 50, yet the What's New list only displays 20 threads per page no matter what the setting is. In addition, the threads from ignored forums count toward that 20, so I'm only seeing like 7-8 threads per page on the What's New section.

Last edited:
Have you considered Helvetica or Georgia for the font? They are generally considered to be the most readable.

In addition, I am finding the SUPER HEAVY BOLD or whatever to be difficult to read since it's kinda jammed up on itself.

Regardless, I can infer from your posts what a huge PIA this upgrade has been for you. Sorry :( you had to deal with it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Have you considered Helvetica or Georgia for the font? They are generally considered to be the most readable.

In addition, I am finding the SUPER HEAVY BOLD or whatever to be difficult to read since it's kinda jammed up on itself.
Have you tried changing your font size in your prefrences?

I tried using the old fonts we had on the old system, and for some reason they appeared to look fuzzy on 2.1, so we went with the UI.x defined fonts, but made them a little bigger than what they were set at.

You can access your preferences at https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/preferences

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think the bold is perfect. :)
It isn't bold, it is MORE THAN BOLD.

I think the font within a thread is different than the font on the thread menu pages.

Looks like this is the reason it is probably looking different for everyone....

"XF 2 uses a system font stack, meaning it tries to use the system font of whatever operating system you're using. For Windows this is 'Segoe UI', for Mac/iOS it is 'Helvetica Neue', for Ubuntu it's 'Ubuntu', and for Android it is either 'Roboto' or 'Droid Sans' depending on your version."

That Roboto font is horrible on Android. I also don't care whatsoever for the Microsoft junk font. I guess Apple people have it made since they get Helvetica, which is better than the others when it comes to readability.

Reactions: TheKrell
I guess Apple people have it made since they get Helvetica, which is better than the others when it comes to readability.
Helvetica and Roboto differ in only five characters so the Linux people have it pretty good. It is a shame that the Android Roboto doesn't look better but that could be device dependent.

That Apple replaced Helvetica Neue with San Francisco seems likely to change that preference in the long term.

Reactions: TheLip
Scott, is it possible to put a time-out on the pop-ups and drop-downs when we hover? I've had a couple of cases where the hover-over pop-up doesn't go away unless I hover back over the Thread link to make it pop-up again, and then when I move away it disappears.

One thing, this may be in here, but I collapse the sections I don't post in, like the Gadgets section, Archives, etc but every time I come back to the site, they're "un"collapsed
Yeah, having the same issue. I don't want to put them on the Ignore list because every now and then I like to check in and in the previous version that setting was saved, now it isn't. Can that be changed?

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)