Xenforo Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm having a new issue (adding to the blue background above the thread content and the gargantuan/fuzzy avatar) which I thought I was seeing before but now I'm sure. I very often click on a thread title to go to first unread post, or else use people's reaction (likes) to see which of my posts is liked. That doesn't normally skip past unread posts since my liked post is above those.

I do not click on the notification of one of my quoted post because that is very likely past the earliest unread post. But often (always?) I'm not seeing some unread posts in that latter case. If I use the thread title to go to the first unread, it goes way past that post and there are a ton of unread posts I don't see. :(

I am downloading the latest macOS update and I wonder if what we're observing with the blue screen and massive avatar is due to elements being downloaded that should be hidden but appear too early because of timing delivering the CSS and JS. With the competition for my download bandwidth, I have seen this more tonight.

Well last I knew, you were a DINK so....the wife streaming 4K movies? :D
As I said, macOS Catalina, which takes a while at 25 Mbps!
macOS_Download.png

Reactions: KE4EST
While I still haven't seen this issue, I turned off caching of CSS files this morning. That is the only catching left. If its still happening then I dont have anymore ideas of why its happening.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And the newest GUI issues is this:

Annotation 2019-12-09 064311.jpg

It usually takes up to 3 refreshes to "fix" it, when this happens. I'm going to finally try clearing all my Chrome caches, etc

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
YEah,m t his is getting worse and I cleared my caches and cookies. Also, I'm seeing a LOT more missing Avatars - including my own

Reactions: dare2be
It might be a good idea if the people having these problems would post what operating system and what browser they are using to see if there's a common component.

Since upgrading I have only seen this issue once and it was fixed by pressing control and refresh.

Out of the thousands of users we have here it appears there are only 3 or 4 having the issue, which has me believing it is something on their systems. If you are running ad block, try turning that off as I have read it blocks some feature of this new software. (and your all pub members anyways so you see no ads)

Other than that I have no other suggestions.

I'm still getting broken avatar images on random people at random times. Right now on this page it's Foxbat and Harshness. Refresh fixed Foxbat, but not Harshness.

Chrome 78.0.3904.97 on Win10 Professional

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts