Xenforo Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was having significant trouble with the default light skin (with sticky nav bar). There's something in the light themes and I'm not seeing so far in the dark sticky theme.
Keyword there was... was. :D

The no sticky nav bar is still messed up. I will fix it, probably tomorrow when I get time.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
Ok I have the Non Sticky Style done. You will need to select it again if you were using it.

I guess this way of updating makes sense, but its totally different then the way it was done in Xenforo 1.

I will work on the dark styles in a little bit.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If it ain't broke...
Its broke, they were not updated correctly. Meaning if I don't take care of it now, the next Xenforo update will wipe out all the changes again. In addition some new functionality and security code is not in the current style. So its important to get it right.

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST
Ok I have the dark themes all set. ANd in my testing all looks fine...

But in doing it I noticed something odd... remember how I was saying there was a caching problem and I turned off the caching. Well in the dark theme, the logo was not displaying for me so I looked at the source code and the logo file was being named 2019logo.png.pagespeed.webp. I would go in the style and change the style URL for the logo to the correct path and it would change it back and add the pagespeed.webp to the end. So I searched and our webserver software has Google Pagespeed built in. So I researched more and found out that Pagespeed has a cache... and looking at it... well it was corrupted. So a quick clearing of the cache and restarting the services and now the logo shows like its supposed to.

So our issues probably were due to the caching... but not do to the caching I turned off but to the pagespeed caching built in the webserver.

Lesson learned..

I really got to liking the Dark, now that I've given it some time to adjust ...

Hopefully its back soon .... what was dark yesterday is now Light ... and its a stark difference.

edit: Found it !!!

Thanks for all the effort Scott :thumbup

Jimbo convinced me to try the Dark theme again. I’m going to try it for a week and see.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)