XM Annual Renewal

Cancelled my 2 Sirius Radios... One was a 3 yr sub and the other was a 6 yr sub. I didn't listen to it anymore and it wasn't worth the cost. Since they killed Bubba from 101, there really wasn't anything else I needed it for since a local station recently added an HD2 subchannel that is like Octane 20 and no commercials to boot.

Sirius tried to offer me 3 months free.....then 6 months free... I kept saying no and she finally got the picture. I wasn't going to take 6 months then have to wait on hold again for an hour to cancel. No thanks! If they call me back when the sub runs out I'm going to tell them it is worth $60 a year for both radios...that's my limit.

How many radios do you have ?

Two...both car radio's but the other car radio is still on the three month trial. I called today indicating that I know my one year is coming up (tomorrow) and asked about a renewal price. I was told $150 something, I said no thank you, I was then transfered to the department to complete my cancel and of course that is where they gave me the $77.00 dollar price. For my wifes care that is expiring this weekend as well (the three month) trial I got a mailer for 29.99 for six months. I may go with that for now

digiblur said:
No doubt about that.. $10 a month... you do get the archives and other streaming, but I don't need all that. If it was $5 I'd probably go for it.

$10? Hes charging $11.99 a month.

I dont want the archives I want the radio show and uncensored show and replays.

Paying as much as I paying for xm just for one show is just nuts.

At the current pricing I an NOT "dropping the f'n trey!"

there really wasn't anything else I needed it for since a local station recently added an HD2 subchannel that is like Octane 20 and no commercials to boot.

If I came to your area, tuned to that HD2 stream, could I hear Metallica’s ‘So What’, or the full version of Disturbed’s ‘Down With The Sickness’? If not then it is NOTHING AT ALL like Octane. While there’s about ten thousand things wrong with terrestrial radio, censorship is the big one.

$10? Hes charging $11.99 a month.

I dont want the archives I want the radio show and uncensored show and replays.

Paying as much as I paying for xm just for one show is just nuts.

At the current pricing I an NOT "dropping the f'n trey!"

RadioIO shows 9.99 per month for Basic... or if you want the three years up front deal it's $8.33 a month.

If I came to your area, tuned to that HD2 stream, could I hear Metallica’s ‘So What’, or the full version of Disturbed’s ‘Down With The Sickness’? If not then it is NOTHING AT ALL like Octane. While there’s about ten thousand things wrong with terrestrial radio, censorship is the big one.

The music is a mix between 20 and 24... of course there isn't any cussing but I don't need to pay the crazy price of Sirius to hear cussing over speakers. I could care less.

I'd rather pay to hear the music how it was intended to be heard not all cut up. There’s a reason I pay for the premium movie channels rather than watching movies on USA and TNT and it’s one of the reason I pay for satellite radio. I’d rather not have the word ‘pills’ bleeped out in Nickelback’s ‘Rock Star’.

The only reason why I still have XM is because of baseball. Because I spend a lot of the baseball season away from the Dodgers broadcast territory, I am still able to listen to them through XM

I'd rather pay to hear the music how it was intended to be heard not all cut up. There’s a reason I pay for the premium movie channels rather than watching movies on USA and TNT and it’s one of the reason I pay for satellite radio. I’d rather not have the word ‘pills’ bleeped out in Nickelback’s ‘Rock Star’.
Interesting. I noticed that pop stations over the air do bleep out "bad words", but the over the air classic rock stations do not. I still here "Who the fu____ are you?" when listening to "Who Are You?" being played on classic rock stations here

Interesting. I noticed that pop stations over the air do bleep out "bad words", but the over the air classic rock stations do not. I still here "Who the fu____ are you?" when listening to "Who Are You?" being played on classic rock stations here

Rock and Rap stations are always uncensored. The pop stations will play radio edits on occasion but sometimes they play uncensored tracks as well. I used to listen to Flight 26 sometimes on XM and I was surprised at how much they let go. Stations like Top 20 on 20 and Sirius Hits 1 probably play radio edits all the time.

I keep it for Baseball and Football (BOS), also the fact that I can get the ESPN channels clear, vs the poor quality I get from the local stations at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts