XM Annual Renewal

I just renewed at the $20 for 5 month rate. This was the 2nd time at that rate. I had the $77 a year rate prior to that. This is where their pricing should be at $4 to $6 per month. I can't believe that people are still paying the $12.95/month.

I just renewed at the $20 for 5 month rate. This was the 2nd time at that rate. I had the $77 a year rate prior to that. This is where their pricing should be at $4 to $6 per month. I can't believe that people are still paying the $12.95/month.

Be glad many are because if they didn't, XM wouldn't be able to subsidize you paying just six bucks

Be glad many are because if they didn't, XM wouldn't be able to subsidize you paying just six bucks

$12.95 without any commercials would be a fair price. However we are stuck with commercials in most of the stations I listen to, so it is only fair that they give you the $20 for four month deal.:rant:

Back in May I got a letter regarding the 5 months for $20 deal from Sirius. By the time they added royalty fees it came about to about $23.50 or in that ballpark. When the 5 months were coming due for auto-renewal, I called to cancel and they offered 3 more months for free. So, I can't complain....I've had 8 months of satellite radio for for right about $3/month. I've come to the conclusion they'll bend over backwards to keep subscribers so it looks good to the stock market and any potential advertisers for their non-music channels.

$12.95 without any commercials would be a fair price. However we are stuck with commercials in most of the stations I listen to, so it is only fair that they give you the $20 for four month deal.:rant:
Keyword being most of the stations YOU listen to. Satellite radio was never about being 100% commercial free period, it was about 100% commercial free MUSIC and back in the old days about half of the music channels on XM were commercial free but XM was $10 not $13. All of the music channels on XM remain commercial free except for the 4 that are run by Clear Channel that had commercials forced upon them, and they have commercial free equivalents anyhow. Entertainment, Talk and Sports content was ever billed as commercial free, and quite a few of those channels are provided by third parties and XM has no control over the content. And for in-house talk like The Virus, do you honestly expect hosts to talk for hours on end with no breaks?

I can enjoy hours and hours of commercial free music on XM, and listen to the best talk about from O&A, the girls on Playboy, NHL Home Ice, NFL Radio, Hannity and Humphries on Patriot. I have two XM Subscriptions with the Best of Sirius and one Sirius Subscription with the Best of XM and Premium Internet Streaming, I think that’s about $50/month I spend, and while things were much better before the merger, with everything that I get and how much enjoyment I get, I feel that I am not entitled to any deal, and I have no problem paying the price the service is set at.. If I didn’t feel it was worth it, I wouldn’t subscribe.

I DO remember all the talk about the price dropping when the Merger was done. We were suppose to get XM or Sirius of $ 9 p/m ... has anyone seen anything like that ?
There was also suppose to be ALA Carte as well.

You guys getting the packages for $ 77 p/y, I'll have to look into that, only thing they seem to offer me is $ 100 a year per radio (3).

Basically I keep XM for the Hockey Shows Coverage (not actual game broadcasts) and occasional comedy channels and the Blend, some espn/fox radio, etc Its getting to the point though, I can now get many of the hockey coverage shows for free online either through the NHL Com, NHL Network on cable, and podcasts either on nhl com and/or tsn, rogersportsnet or the fan590. So if I don't get their $20 deal I will be gone. Simple as that.

I DO remember all the talk about the price dropping when the Merger was done. We were suppose to get XM or Sirius of $ 9 p/m ... has anyone seen anything like that ?

You guys getting the packages for $ 77 p/y, I'll have to look into that, only thing they seem to offer me is $ 100 a year per radio (3).
It is actually the $77 for programming and a $11 royalty fee. Total cost of $88 per year. I was offered these reduced rates in lieu of canceling. I was willing to go for the $77/year deal but was offered the better deal of $20 for 5 months.

It's that time of the year again! I called in and said the renewal price is way to high. Not as good as last year but I got "SIRIUS Everything" for $87.08 after taxes and other fees. Last year I got everything for $76 but as long as it under $100 I'm happy!

It is actually the $77 for programming and a $11 royalty fee. Total cost of $88 per year. I was offered these reduced rates in lieu of canceling. I was willing to go for the $77/year deal but was offered the better deal of $20 for 5 months.

Now this 77=88 p/m your paying, is that for XM WITH the BOS or just the XM package alone.

I think I asked them about that this past year and they told me that it was before the BOS was added on.

Are the XM guys sending out mailings or emails lettinng you know your sub is ending or do they just let it roll to the monthly plan and expect you to pay the difference. I normally pay for my three radios once a year.

If they have your credit card number, they just set it up whichever way you had it the previous year. You will get a mailing explaining that you are expiring and that you will automatically get charged unless you call to cancel or make changes to how you want it billed...

My one year XM package is expiring in Feb, I paid about 112 I think last year. This year I hope to get it for less. I have it marked on my calender when its up so some days before I can call and start negotating :)

Aren't we supposed to be hearing a major announcement at CES? Something about "satellite radio 2" or some such? Or is that further in the future?

Called today as my one year was going to expire tomorrow, informed the one year service cost to much for me, I was transfered and was given the $84.87 price $77.00+fees. The normal rate was 150 something.

Will I called to cancel the service since the renewal rate went up by 50%. well they gave me my old rate so I renewed my service. Why in the hell do you have to play this game with them? Why not renew folks at their old rate since that is what will happen if you call them.

Will I called to cancel the service since the renewal rate went up by 50%. well they gave me my old rate so I renewed my service. Why in the hell do you have to play this game with them? Why not renew folks at their old rate since that is what will happen if you call them.

I actually received a email from XM inviting me to call and reduce my rate. It seems I forgot my renewal date and they charged me the normal 3 month renewal rate. I called in and the credit my card for the difference for the 5 month deal. But why must we jump through hoops for it?

Not sure if you can still get this, but I called a few weeks ago and was offered 1 year for $50.00 total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)