Xm Or Sirius

XM or SIRIUS

• Total voters
I prefer Sirius... because that's what I have - lol.

I went with Sirius over XM just because Stern is headed there. The other nail in the coffin was that XM seems to have HUGE antennas vs the dollar coin sized ones that the Sirius radios have.

I love my Sportster Replay.

I have Sirius in the house with Dishnetwork and Xm in the 2 cars. I like Sirius better in terms of genres and the music they play is varied. A lot of repeats with Xm. If I hadn't already paid for 3 years of service with Xm I would have switched to Sirius in the cars too.

There is less than 2% total difference in music, but because of the NFL, the free gear, and Howard Stern, I selected Sirius. Since then (2yrs later) I have tried XM and wouldn't leave Sirius (and Howard hasn't even entered the picture yet)

I went with XM since I'm a baseball fan, and eCost was running a cheap radio while I was in Charlotte this past summer.

I moved to Sat Radio forum... I voted for Sirius although right now it is inactive and I have Xm active... I like the Comedy better on Xm, but I miss the music from Sirius so will probably be going back very soon...(I get both thru my satellite providers)

I keep wondering why XM is in the lead right now. It seemed to me (last year) when I signed up, that Sirius is the clear content leader. I have seen nothing to make me think otherwise. I also signed up for Stearn, but even if he never came over, I'd keep Sirius. One of those rare deals, where I feel I get more than I paid for.
My biggest "complaint" is there is more on than I can listen to. I need to get a FM recording MP3 player, to record some of what I'm missing :)

I chose XM for O & A. I'm even happier now that Ron & Fez have joined the lineup. Also, XM clearly has better equipment. The Roady was great, the MyFi is even better. Also, with all those high priced contracts Sirius is signing how long before they have to start charging $15-20 a month.

My only reservation about XM is that the music tends to be TOO obscure. I'm sure sure music lovers like that, but I'd rather have the music I know without ads and DJs.

I have had both and I prefer XM. It comes down to content. I think the XM has more variety. They seem to have more monthly features, and play more songs from artists that are not neccesarily their "hits". I like the XM better because they market the radio for what it is and has to offer. Sirius markets the artists and they have big payroll to pay these artists for their face and names. This may be why they have roughly half the subscribers as XM, because XM is, and continues to be the pioneer of satellite radio.

I prefer Sirius, due to the channel layout. The content may not be that different from XM, but the channel catagories seem to fit my tastes much better. I've never been a fan of the XM channels.

I voted XM yesterday before there was an option for both, but we have both. I listen to XM 90% of the time.

I am a Sirius guy, but wish I had the MLB package during the summer. Other than that, I really can't comment too much since I haven't heard XM. I am very happy with Sirius though.

I can't vote, you forget the neither option!!! No really I had both and deemed them both too short on their looptime and prefer to create my own MP3 CDs for my MP3 deck. I also this both providers sounded "tinny" on lower end or factory head units.My MP3 collection is VBRand sounds clearer.

Do you have to sign a contract for sirius.

The one thing I like about xm is I bought my radio for 6 bucks from bestbuy because it was only 30 to start with and after I ate mcdonalds for 3 weeks straight.

O&A 202

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)