XM or Sirius????

actually the cassette adapter is generally recognized to be beter.

Most SkyFi2 uses though connect through the input jacks on their car radio or use the "direct connect" option whereby the signal is sent by wire to the antenna.

Several months ago both XM and sirius were forced to reduce the transmitter power of their built in FM trnsmitters. Some still get good results (though not as good as the other options) and others do not. Also if you are in an urban area with lots of FM stations the FM transmitter may be problematic. THe SkyFi2 does not have as many choices in FM frequency as some others do.

OVerall I suggest using one of the other methods I describe.

In that option a cable is installed that transmits an FM signal to the antenna. the name "direct connect" is also used to refer to a connection to an aux jack. I should have mentioned that.

I use the connection to the antenna. I transmit on 88.1 because there is no 88.1 in DC. But even when i travel to Baltimore that has station at that frequency this connection simply overpoers it and this would likely NOT be the case with the FM transmiter if it was not connected in this manner.

I have the limited Sirius through DishNetwork and full XM service on other radios.

Since I am a huge fan of both the Red Sox and the Patriots. There are only 16 Patriots games on Sirius and 162 Red Sox games on XM. I also enjoy Folk music which has a dedicated channel on XM (Channel 15 The Village) and there is no channel close to this genre on Sirius.

Based on these two personal preferences, we have 3 XM radio setups.

1. XM Radio built directly into my Honda Element
2. Delphi MyFi (my original), I use this in rental cars, hotel rooms, and offices
3. Roady XT in my wife's PT Cruiser.

I am sure that no matter which service you choose, you will enjoy Sat Rad.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts