XM Sirius Announces "Best Of" Packages to be available 10/6

This is why the official release date is the 6th. :)

I got on this morning and the webste was working, I have 5 radios and wanted to add sirius to my XM and it wasnt to charge me $16.95 a month for each of my radios. I have the other radios on friends and family and that was not an option on thier website. I just wanted to pay $4 a month extra for each radio not full price plus $4 for each of the radios.

If that's the official release date then they shouldn't have it promoted all over their websites. They also need to change the sites to include a list of receivers that are not and never will be compatible with this service since they failed to do that for the year prior to launching the service.

Ok, they finally appear to have gotten their website issues fixed. I have three XM radios. One is paid annually, the other two are on month to month family plans. The only option the website gives me for receiving the Best of Sirius is to have each radio charged full price. So if I want the Best of Sirius, I lose my multi-radio discount?

Also, for my annual radio it appears that the 6 months remaining is not credited to my account if I want to add the BoS.

Can someone clarify? I tried calling XM Customer Service but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up.

I switched two of my three radios to include the Sirius.

The website was working fine this morning.

Not sure I'll keep it forever, but I think I'll probably add it every fall for the NFL season :D

They have a 6 month deal that comes out to $14.97 for the first, and $8.99 for extra radios for the Everything with best of Sirius.

It say 3 months free Sirius, but you have to buy the 6 months to get it. Essentially, to me, that is "half price" for 6 months.

I just activated the best of Sirius on my factory (Acura) XM radio. The XM website crashed when I tried to activate online, but I had no problems when I called the 800 number. The CR said it may take 24 hours to show up, but I have Howard Stern etc. right away.

Ok, I called and here's the deal for others in my situation. My first radio is $16.99 per month, the second and third are $10.99 per month each. They credited my account for the unused portion of the annual amount I had already paid for one of my radios.

I was on a 5 year plan with about $200 left of prepaid money when I switched.

Sucks giving up my $8.40 rate that I locked before they raised the prices, but I really wanted the NFL for Sunday travel.

Things are clearing up.....

You CAN add the Best of Sirius to EACH radio for $4 more a piece.... So, if the missus could care less about Howard Stern or Football in the car, then you only have to add it to one of the receivers....

There is one gotcha though.....

The XM Family Plan is no longer shown on the website as an option BUT you can have the operator do it manually if you wait on hold for the 15 minutes (a lot of people are blitzing them right now). I've got 4 radios on my account (an old SkyFi is in the boombox, my wife's SUV, my father in law's car, and my car). Make sure if you will only add it to one radio, that you make sure that the one radio is listed as the primary receiver (aka the one that you pay full price on, and not a discounted Family Plan receiver).

Gonna go drive it at lunch and see if it has downloaded all the channels....

With no baseball, The Best of XM is sorely lacking as an option for Sirius folks, but Football and Playboy were the hooks for me. I could take or leave Howard..... Could care less about NASCAR.

BTW, they told me that my SkyFi2 was fine as a receiver for the added channels for those that still use them.

Looks like

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 160
As of the other day the NBA deal was not official yet, nor have I seen any PR yet to make it official.

If your an XM customer you get all the sports plus all the big names like Stern and O&A. Why would you want to subscribe to Sirius?

As of the other day the NBA deal was not official yet, nor have I seen any PR yet to make it official.

If your an XM customer you get all the sports plus all the big names like Stern and O&A. Why would you want to subscribe to Sirius?

Exactly and with all the issues with Sirius radios not being able to sub to the Best of service am I the only one that seems to think they are pushing people towards Xm radios and the XM side of the business?

I wish they would have swapped Maxim Radio for Martha Stewart, but having the Giants game in crystal clear audio last Sunday was nice as I was down in South Jersey where reception is spotty at times...

I have XM and added the Best of Sirius last week. It is nice to get all the NFL games and the Playboy station is great. Also, talking to the XM rep who hooked me up said that the NBA games should be part of the base package, but didn't count out that it could be part of the BoS package as well.