XM / Sirius merger packages

I'm a LONG TIME XM subscriber. When I initially went with XM over Sirius, I did so solely on the cheaper subscription price. Less than a year later, Sirius picked up the NFL package. Man was I pissed!

I have always had it in the back of my head that I would eventually switch to Sirius...but have never done so. Now my XM receiver is starting to show its age (primarily, issues with cradle connection), I am thinking it is time to finally make the jump. But, with the merger pending, should I just go with a new XM receiver?? (I assume the only way to guarantee I have the NFL package for this fall is to go with Sirius)

There is still no guarantee that the FCC will approve the merger.

I gave up waiting, and killed my XM subscriptions when I got the Sirius in my Ford, and bought my wife a PNP for her car.

I could live with $6.99 for music and news a lot better than $12.99 a month for everything. I never ever listen to Stern or sports. I tune in the decade channels, some of the mix channels, as well as news on CNN, Fox, CNBC, Bloomberg, and the BBC. If I can get most of that for $6.99 a month after the merger I will be all set.

I know that my Kenwood head unit will support multiple sat radios. I have the Directed Electronics tuner hooked up now for Sirius, but it will also cascade with the Terk XM unit if I so desire. Would that require 2 separate subscriptions after the merger or would I be able to get programming across both providers for the same price using such a setup?

How does he know it will be complete in August/

I doubt a customer retention rep would know for sure but he seemed confident and said if I wasn't happy and if the merger was not complete by August then cancel then. Otherwise all should be ready to go and I should have access to the sirius channels I was interested in. *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)