XM vs. Sirius Round 6 ClassiC Radio

Which Service Does The Neter Job w/Classic Radio?

• XM

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Sirius

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Too Close To Call

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Don't Know Don't Care

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Ok which service does the best job of taking you badack to the grand old days of yesteryear.

Hi Yo Silver!

Both sercices refer to it as Classic Radio or Radio Classics. They have separate announcers and a different schedule. Aklso Sirius has some programming that does not come from that service. But I was wondering if the vote would be as one sided in this case. So far it is not.

BTW i thought that there might be some confusion with Classical music programming hence the description in the first post.

Last edited:
Well that is not quite what I was after. Classic Vinyl is reallya rock channel. But so be it.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of XM's Classical lineup, and since Fine Tuning throws in Classical Music with early Genesis as well as current folk, I've got to give them the thumbs up.

i guess this is my fault. This is not about classical music or clasic rock. It si about calssic radio. largely reruns of old radio shows although Sirius does present some other programming on its channel.

Maybe I meant really old radios. Anybody listening to Sirius on their grandmiother's Philco?

Last edited:
Well after a week the scoree is Sirius 12 XM 11. the Sirius wins treak is intact. This wek's poll----News

The phrase you're looking for "OTR" = Old Time Radio. :up

I started when I had XM & continued with Sirius when I switched late last summer in anticipation of Howard. I'm hooked on the stuff.

www.radioclassics.com It is indeed the same programming on both.

XM features a DJ between shows that gives some history of the show coming up or ending.

Sirius just plays old music in between shows.

Sirius also features a new Twilight Zone series though it only is played once on Saturday and once on Sunday. Due to this, I've never caught the show however. They should really play it more & during teh week, I'm not sure why they do not.

In the end the differences are a DJ for a few minutes an hour vs. new OTR style programming.

For me, I vote Sirius based on the slight programming advantage. The XM DJ while interesting sometimes is mostly as boring as Sirius' old time music filler.

I wasn't searching for anything. But Sirius wins again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)