• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
OK let's ee if we can find a winner on this one.

Last edited:
Last year at the time I would have said XM all the way, but this time around I have chosen Sirius.

XM has turned into a Satellite Delivered IPOD service, for all the channels I listen to the DJ's are gone, and other favorite channels have been removed.

While I have both XM and Sirius in my office and in my truck, I find myself listening to Sirius 80% of the time.

XM has some major management problems that need to be fixed.

We'll get to Country and Comedy. That is unless the referee decided to stop the fight as Sirius is pounding XM here in Round Two.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Last year at the time I would have said XM all the way, but this time around I have chosen Sirius.

XM has turned into a Satellite Delivered IPOD service, for all the channels I listen to the DJ's are gone, and other favorite channels have been removed.

I totally agree!

FWIW Round One (Jazz) ended in a 3 way tie. If youa re wondering how that is possible there were 5 voted each for XM, Sirius, and Don't Know/Don't Care. I expected more activity here but not the one sided result so far.

keep those votes rolling in.

I choose sirius even though i have both
the only thing i like about xm is mlb and nhl
sirus has far better music imho plus nascar and football although not cfl

I am going to let this one play itself out for the rest of the week. Next week I will try a poll on talk ststions and I will adda thread with just showing the poll by poll and total (for closed polls) vote distribution.

I suspect though that this will be the most popular poll.

I have both (sort of, XM is only on DTV service) and I cannot believe the difference. In nearly every field of Music, Sirius has it. Even friends that have XM say they know Sirius has better music, but they like MLB.

Can't get any better than XM's Rock programming. One listen to Deep Tracks and you'll know immediately which service takes music seriously....

Sirius has better classic rock presentation and far better jocks. I have both XM & Sirius, and constantly compare the two, XM has better R&B urban adult choices and oldies channels. XM has improved their classic rock setup with the addition of Big Tracks, which I like....still have to go with Sirius for my rock favs.

johninbricknj said:
Also agree. Classic vinyl and octane rock too!!!:up
Classic Vinyl and the Vault both suck!! They both play the same songs. Deep Cuts and Big Tracks on XM blow them away. Keep in mind I drive a big rig so I'm in my truck for long periods of time and the Sirius channels start repeating after about 6hrs. Deep Tracks songs are always fresh and I hear something different all the time and the DJ's know their sh*t. I hardly ever hear the same songs on Big Tracks. I had Sirius in the truck first and XM at home thru D* and had to switch to XM in the truck for those reasons. MHO---Ray

XM leads, but its barely for now. I like others, I think they destroyed too many original channels in order to bring more Top 40-like stations you can hear anywhere else. Still, they have AudioVisions and Fine Tuning, and Sirius has nothing close to this. Even with all of XM's screw-ups, I'll still be there if they keep these channels.

XM wins this time, but they're trying hard to get into second place.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
XM wins this time, but they're trying hard to get into second place.

Well theya re not wiining in this poll---though it is not as one sideda s it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)