Yankees Sign Teixeira

But free agency is suppose to let the little and average teams with money get some good players, so much for that this year 3 of the top 4 free agents go to the yanks and the 4th one Manny can go too, since the Angles and redsox don't want him.

And that's $121million for the opening day infield, not counting the outfield and the rest of pitching and bench.

But free agency is suppose to let the little and average teams with money get some good players, so much for that this year 3 of the top 4 free agents go to the yanks and the 4th one Manny can go too, since the Angles and redsox don't want him.

And that's $121million for the opening day infield, not counting the outfield and the rest of pitching and bench.
And probably still the 3rd best team in that division.

I know this is hard to believe, but as a Red Sox fan I have to defend the Yankees here.

1. After signing Sabathia, Burnett and Tex they are STILL about $20 million under last year's payroll.

2. What were they supposed to do, just let him waltz to the Red Sox

3. They are opening a beautiful new ballpark, and need all the marquee names they can get with the ticket prices. Signing Tex will also help with sponsership in these rough economic times.

4. The Yankees will once again have to pay a HUGE luxury tax. If they're willing to spend the money, more power to 'em. At least they're trying to put a winning product on the field..................something I can't say for a lot of teams in MLB.

4. The Yankees will once again have to pay a HUGE luxury tax. If they're willing to spend the money, more power to 'em. At least they're trying to put a winning product on the field..................something I can't say for a lot of teams in MLB.
Spending money doesn't always equate to a winning product. Take the Rays or Twins. The Yanks don't have a good farm system or scouts so they must spend money to try and stay competitive.

Spending money doesn't always equate to a winning product. Take the Rays or Twins.

I agree. The Rays, A's, Marlins and especially Twins should be commended on how they put a competitive product on the field (at least most of the time) with a limited payroll. But for every Twins and A's, there's a Pirates, Royals who never put a winning product on the field.

The Yanks don't have a good farm system or scouts so they must spend money to try and stay competitive.

The last few years the Yankees have produced Cano, Cabrera, Chamberlain and Hughes. That's not too shabby.

Spending money doesn't always equate to a winning product. Take the Rays or Twins. The Yanks don't have a good farm system or scouts so they must spend money to try and stay competitive.

Youbetcha! I can think of maybe 25 MLB teams that would KILL to have what the Angels have in their farm system.:D

I was just checking and the Angels will have 3 first round picks next year, and three supplemental picks. That's one upside of losing free agents.

What happens on the field, of course, remains to be seen. However the Angels have a strong and solid product to offer their fans for years to come if no one goes selling off the future. And I don't think Tony will be doing that any time soon as he was a proud part of its structuring. ;)

What happens on the field, of course, remains to be seen. However the Angels have a strong and solid product to offer their fans for years to come if no one goes selling off the future. And I don't think Tony will be doing that any time soon as he was a proud part of its structuring. ;)

KCK,
Who do you guys plan on playing 1B now, do you have a guy ready from the minors or do you think they will go out and sign someone ?

If you really look at it, the Sox were NOT in dire need to have Tex, it would have been a great luxury. Sox have Ortiz and Youklis ...
The Yanks needed Tex more than the Sox, they have Giambi and I think he's actually gone now .

Jimbo

KCK,
Who do you guys plan on playing 1B now, do you have a guy ready from the minors or do you think they will go out and sign someone ?

If you really look at it, the Sox were NOT in dire need to have Tex, it would have been a great luxury. Sox have Ortiz and Youklis ...
The Yanks needed Tex more than the Sox, they have Giambi and I think he's actually gone now .

Jimbo

They may sign someone, but the plans today are for Kendry Morales:

Kendry Morales Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | angelsbaseball.com: Team

Again, I don't care who it was, Mets, Yanks, Angels, Red Sox . . . the amount of money being spent is ridiculous and I can see at least 3 clubs in the next 5 years folding

Ok, you save 75M and spend 400M, thats fiscal responsibility.

Beaten to the punch!:up But hey, I was called a "hater" because the team I like didn't just spend MORE THAN a QUARTER OF A BILLION dollars!!:rolleyes:

LMAO!!! NOW, ANYTHING other than a World Series win would be considered a complete BUST and a failure.:up

The NERVE of some Yankees fans to say they "don't expect the Yankees to it win" with all the money the team spends year in and year out. EITHER the management EXPECTS to win every year or they are THE stupidest AND irresponsible team ownership in all of professional sports history.

Again, I don't care who it was, Mets, Yanks, Angels, Red Sox . . . the amount of money being spent is ridiculous and I can see at least 3 clubs in the next 5 years folding

Major League baseball will NEVER let a team fold and die. They MAY move the team to another deserving city, but what you see now....30/31 franchises...that is what will be around for a VERY LONG TIME....WAY too much money being brought in by advertisers to let even the smallest market to fold.

KCK,

Jimbo

The Redsox don't need him either they have a great minor leaguer that will be good at 1st a year or 2 from now just it time when Lowell leaves and then move Yuk to 3rd.

But I do agree cjwct the money being spent there will soon be teams folding maybe KC will be first.
Just look at the NHL the Phoenix Coyotes need alot of money now, or the owner wants out.

Even in European futebol the big teams are out spending the rest of the teams in the league combined. There's even a team offering 250million+ for 1 players just to have him on thier team not including his salary like when the Redsox had to pay 50million just to bring Dice-K to Boston.

Beaten to the punch!:up But hey, I was called a "hater" because the team I like didn't just spend MORE THAN a QUARTER OF A BILLION dollars!!:rolleyes:

LMAO!!! NOW, ANYTHING other than a World Series win would be considered a complete BUST and a failure.:up

The NERVE of some Yankees fans to say they "don't expect the Yankees to it win" with all the money the team spends year in and year out. EITHER the management EXPECTS to win every year or they are THE stupidest AND irresponsible team ownership in all of professional sports history.

Good Point !

KCK,

Jimbo

The Redsox don't need him either they have a great minor leaguer that will be good at 1st a year or 2 from now just it time when Lowell leaves and then move Yuk to 3rd.

Isn't that what I said above ??? :D

Jimbo

As usual you are WRONG. What kind of cheese do you like with your WHINE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)