Status
Please reply by conversation.

granadaguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Michigan
Hi.
Can somebody tell me the year this unit was manufacture ?, I have read it's the seven digit on line B , is it 97 or 07?, it's a 922, I just want to make sure the battery won't go bad in it.
I seen it a pawn shop this afternoon and asked if I could test it to see if the unit ID was ok ( wich it is ), and I "jump on it" when the guy said $ 100.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 174
Hi.
Can somebody tell me the year this unit was manufacture ?, I have read it's the seven digit on line B , is it 97 or 07?, it's a 922, I just want to make sure the battery won't go bad in it.
I seen it a pawn shop this afternoon and asked if I could test it to see if the unit ID was ok ( wich it is ), and I "jump on it" when the guy said $ 100.
Thanks in advance for your help.

I forgot the procedure for determining the exact date but I can tell you if it says General Instrument on the front it's older. If it works $100 could be worth it. If your handy with electronics you can swap the battery for less than $10.00 or send it into ATS to get it done.

07 ?

great deal. i would take one at that price. enjoy.
i would guess 1997. i don't think they have made these in a few years now.
but others will know.

Thanks for your input madmadworld.
I thought the same think when the guy asked for $100.00, great deal.
I'm incline to think it's an 07 unit because I don't believe the dsr models were available in 97 and also because motorola did not buy GI until late 99 or early 2000.

TVROPRO thanks for response.
The unit it's definitely an dsr922 model, it says motorola on the front, the box it's working just fine, ( moving the dish with not a problem at all and I've already checked some channels to view ), I just need a subscription to get the correct time on it ( it's an hr. behind EST ).

Thanks again guys.
I will be glad to return the favor if I can help you in any way.

Regards.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 150
T
I'm incline to think it's an 07 unit because I don't believe the dsr models were available in 97 and also because motorola did not buy GI until late 99 or early 2000.

I looked at your unit ID picture before and it's number is quite before mine. I bought my 922 in January 2006 new, mine was made in Nov 05. I would say yours is from 03 or 04.

TVROPRO thanks for response.
The unit it's definitely an dsr922 model, it says motorola on the front, the box it's working just fine, ( moving the dish with not a problem at all and I've already checked some channels to view ), I just need a subscription to get the correct time on it ( it's an hr. behind EST ).
When you get a sub the time will set to your time zone.

seventh digit ?

I looked at your unit ID picture before and it's number is quite before mine. I bought my 922 in January 2006 new, mine was made in Nov 05. I would say yours is from 03 or 04.

When you get a sub the time will set to your time zone.

Thanks for your input tvropro.

If I am correct and after reading how to find out what year a 4dtv unit was manufacture, the seventh digit on line B is a 7, that's why I was thinking it had to be made in 97 or 07...now I'm confused if you think the unit was probably made in 03 or 04....unless the first three 0's are not counted, then the seventh digit it's a 1, that will make sense ( 2001 ), as you said the unit number is quite after yours, ( maybe others can put some light on this thoery ).
Just in case, over the next couple of months I'm going to change the battery, just to make sure the box don't die on me.
Thanks again.

I thought it was the seventh digit of the serial number located on the back of the unit. Is that number the same as the "On screen display" receiver number?

I just found this:

The 7th digit in the serial number from the left is the year manufactured. The 922 buy Motorola was made from 2001-2007

There is a way to get the exact month but I don't know what that is. I found the info once and checked mine it was Nov 05. I just looked at my serial number and my 7th digit is 5 for 05.

SWEET !!!!

The numbers on the back of the box match the ones on the screen ( see picture ).
That will make this unit an 07.... SWEET DEAL !!!.:)

Thanks for all your help and info guys, appreciated very much.

granadaguy
Juan.

BTW, I have an spare 920 unit now if anyone is interested, please pm me and I will give you the info.

Attachments

• 4dtv 001.jpg
    4dtv 001.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 154
i thought pawn shop owners were to smart to do this. i gotta stop by them now. thanks

i thought 5 years ago or more since they were made. good post learning something.
thanks

The numbers on the back of the box match the ones on the screen ( see picture ).
That will make this unit an 07.... SWEET DEAL !!!.:)

Thanks for all your help and info guys, appreciated very much.

granadaguy
Juan.

BTW, I have an spare 920 unit now if anyone is interested, please pm me and I will give you the info.

That's receiver number your looking at not the serial number, look at the sticker below M1 and M2's terminal. There will be 2 numbers the one that starts with SN is the serial number. Check the 7th digit in that number. If I use the receiver number mine was made in 2008 and I know that's not true unless I was building it here :eek:

I also have the SN on my original carton it came in.

Got it now :).

That's receiver number your looking at not the serial number, look at the sticker below M1 and M2's terminal. There will be 2 numbers the one that starts with SN is the serial number. Check the 7th digit in that number. If I use the receiver number mine was made in 2008 and I know that's not true unless I was building it here :eek:

I also have the SN on my original carton it came in.

TVROPRO.
Very helpful info you just gave me, I thought it was the number on line B for what I have read online, very good to know.

I pulled the box out from the entertaiment center and the sticker is exactly where you said, took a picture of it, don't know if it's clear enough to see the #'s, it is an 03 unit, the battery still good for a least another year.
Really appreciate everyone's help with the info.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 4dtv 013.jpg
    4dtv 013.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 148
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)