YES-HD in FULL starting April 1st...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
hey, has anybody else noticed two channel 622's and two channel 625's in their guides? that's YES and SNY. i'm thinking its because of the full-time hd programming. but my question is: why would it show up in my guide when i'm in florida?

Yeah, I saw that last weekend too, here in Atlanta, when I got my HR20.

Are we southerners gonna be able so see those damn Yankees in HD as well. :D

Will Yankees games be in HD on 95 this year too for those of us who haven't gone MPEG 4?

Dare someone say : April's Fools !!!!

Just wondering, I haven't heard anytrhing otherwise.

Jimbo

Actually I was "accused" of making an April Fool's joke when I first posted back in December about YES HD being full time starting April 1st. As it turns out, they already are full time.

I did a search for Yankees and it showed Monday's game on 95 in my Guide.

And two short days later the Guide now shows a Blue Jays-Tigers game on ch. 95 for Monday 1PM with no Yankee HD games in sight on that channel. D* doesn't make ch. 96 available in my area so I have no clue when I'll be seeing MLB in HD outside of the ESPN and FOX feeds and the Guide says nothing about HD for the Mets-Cards game on ESPN2-HD tomorrow night. :(

Someone please explain to me why if you pay EXTRA for a package that your HOME team is blacked out .... When the game IS on locally, it's not so you are forced to go to the game to see it, if it's on locally.

Also, why is the REPLAY of the earlier game (Tigers, Blue Jays) on FSN - D blacked out when it was not for the original game ???

Jimbo

If a game is carried by a local affiliate they have the carriage rights in your specific viewing area and any other broadcast source available to you is almost always blacked out inside that area. This is done to protect THEIR money; their advertising dollars.

The rights holders will fight dirty, tooth and nail to maintain total control in their viewing area. They want to be able to maximize their potential revenues; aka charge as much as possible to been seen in the ad space.

Yanks vs Rays was in HD on YES -HD and may I say not only was the game in HD but everything on the broadcast from pre-game to post game, interviews, replays and everything was in HD. Great to see...

Finally! I found the second 622 YES-HD channel. As usual the forum bailed me out not the company who I pay each month.

If a game is carried by a local affiliate they have the carriage rights in your specific viewing area and any other broadcast source available to you is almost always blacked out inside that area. This is done to protect THEIR money; their advertising dollars.

The rights holders will fight dirty, tooth and nail to maintain total control in their viewing area. They want to be able to maximize their potential revenues; aka charge as much as possible to been seen in the ad space.

I agree with what your saying here about wanting viewer to see thier network, but if the E.I. package has it, it would be from that same feed and you would still get all the local advertizing.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts