Status
Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Anybody having any luck pulling in Yesterday USA radio? I used to listen to them regularly when they were on C-band. Now that I've got FTA working I thought I'd give it a shot. No luck. Even though I have successfully scanned the Ku birds at those locations, I can not lock their signal. Here's a cut and paste directly from their website:

Location #1
Galaxy 11 (G 11) KU Band
Transponder 18 Vertical
Frequency 12060
Symbol Rate: 26700
Audio PID: 1620 NOTE: take audio from Left Channel
output only Video PID: 1160 ( see note below )
Note: Because this feed is located within scrambles signals, we suggest that you change the Video PID to 1160. Otherwise, the sound may switch on and off from time to time.
Location #2
AMC 3 KU Band
Transponder 22 Vertical
Frequency: 12073
Symbol Rate: 3.0000
Audio PID: 1213 NOTE: take audio from Left Channel output only
Video PID: 0 ( see note below)
Note: Because this feed is located within scrambles signals, we suggest that you change the Video PID to zero. Otherwise, the sound may switch on and off from time to time.

Location #1 works fine. It's on the LTCN channel.
Location #2 has a very weak signal. I can barely lock it. I can't get any audio though.

I have tried that several times without success. When you do it that way there are three PID fields. Audio, Video, and a third one (I don't remember off the top of my head what that one's called). Looking at the settings for several different services it appears that the Video PID and the third PID use the same values. Is that correct?

Along the same lines, The C-band side of G11 (GB) has great signal quality. The NFL Network, for instance, maintains a steady 99. However, the Ku side seems to be quite a bit weaker. Several channels regularly breakup. Signal quality there bounces around from 45 to 50 and that's after peaking the bird. Is this normal for this bird?

Galaxy 11 (GB) was recently replaced by Galaxy 17. I used to have problems with low signals on Galaxy 11 KU. After Galaxy 17 replaced Galaxy 11, I no longer have problems with KU signals on Galaxy 17. I sounds like you may need to peak the dish for KU. It's possible for KU signals to be weak and Cband signals to be fine. I have the same 7 1/2 foot KTI mesh dish as you.

OK, I tweaked the dish this weekend and now achieve signal quality in the 85-87 range and have successfully scanned in the other TP's but am not able to scan in Yesterday USA (G11/17). At the risk of being a PITA, could someone kindly show this slow learner exactly what all the settings you used in a Visionsat IV 200 for a successful lock of Yesterday USA were? Like what sat, freq, lnb settings, pids, type scan, etc.. Call it a character flaw but I tend to become a bulldog when the solution to a problem eludes me. Help me. My wife says I have to stop talking to the TV, she's starting to get concerned. :)

AMC 3 KU Band
Transponder 22 Vertical
Frequency: 12073
Symbol Rate: 3.0000
Audio PID: 1213 NOTE: take audio from Left Channel output only
Video PID: 0 ( see note below)

this one scanned in on blind scan for me on the tv side on my coolsat ( scans in as "secondary audio") also says its a scrambled channel but audio plays :)
"take audio from Left Channel output only" this didn't matter for me works either way :)

the one on Galaxy 11 is on my audio / radio side and i had to manually change the pids ( bad click or hum in audio) EDIT: scans in as "AAFES"
DON'T USE THIS ONE :(
video pid 1160
audio pid 1620
pcr pid 8190

ok...now to make sure. you have a strong signal on 12060 V 26700 right andf were able to scan in some channels (mainly color bars)?

go to service search
select satellite (g11)
on search mode select "advanced"
frequency would be 12060
symbol rate 26700
polarity vertical

enter the following in
video pid 1160
audio pid 1620
pcr pid 8190

then press OK start search

the galaxy 11 scans in on the TV side as "HSTN" via blind scan
scrambled channel
12.059 V
1560 Vpid
1520 Apid
1560 Ppid

good clear sound USE this one :)

OK, I tried it all (why the difference in PIDs between the two posts above?) and still no Yesterday USA. I'm using satellite definition XB on my 4DTV. I went into the Visionsat and removed all the TP's from previous efforts. I rescanned Ku and pulled in about 18 channels (mostly RNC feeds and colored bars) with Quality's around 50% or better, but nothing called "HSTN"

I have now successfully scanned in virtually everything on Lygnsat, except the Mex birds, from AMC 8 (139 deg) to AMC 6 (72 deg) and the only two things I can't grab are Yesterday USA and White Springs. :what

It might be time to break out that new bottle of Blackberry wine! !sadroll

Check your skew on XB. Perhaps it is not set correctly on the 4dtv and you're not receiving both polarities on that satellite.

Check your skew on XB. Perhaps it is not set correctly on the 4dtv and you're not receiving both polarities on that satellite.

Thanks for the reply. Here's what I've done:

Set XB to a V channel and scanned ALL polarities.
Set XB to an H channel and scanned ALL polarities.
Set XB to a V channel and scanned Vertical.
Set XB to an H channel and scanned Horizontal.

I've done all of the above and scanned for All services.
I've done all of the above and scanned for FTA services.

I've manually scanned for the correct PIDS.
I've done blind scans for the correct freq.
I've tried it with the Advanced option.
I manually added the TP.

I've got good quality signal on the other TP's and can get everything (H & V) except Yesterday USA so I'm at a loss.

I have some more questions though. Why does Lyngsat show both Galaxy 11 (with a bunch of feeds) and Galaxy 17 (with a handful of feeds), both at 91.0W and with apparently overlapping freqs? I know they can be stacked (why would they in this instance?) but the freqs need to be different. Is this part of the problem I'm having? It appears that everything I'm scanning in at 91.0W is from Galaxy 11 (C & Ku) and nothing from Galaxy 17 (Yesterday USA). How can I force the Visionsat to pull from G17? Are there, in fact, two seperate birds there? If so, what's the skew between them?

Lyngsat hasnt updated yet

G17 moved to 91W to replace G11 which is in the process of moving next door to 93W to help out G26. All services are on G17 now

When you scan G11/17 12060 V 26700 do you get 10 channels? (mainly scrambled)

when you scan in galaxy 11 the transponder listed above what do you get ?
so if you have a freq listed at 12059V from that list is one that is the right channel
the "HSTN" might be the name my coolsat pulls in.....

the channels should show up as:
Law Enforcement Training Network = LETN
Long Term Care Network = LTCN
Health & Sciences TV Network = HSTN
Fire & Emergency TV Network = FETN
Texas Cable News = TXCN

there are three sats parked at this location but we as viewers probably don't notice
they are not at the same exact location but close
galaxy 11 , galaxy 17 & nimiq 1

EDIT : i see ice has posted above so figured the migration to G17 would be done :)

SUCCESS! @party

And you're not going to believe what I had to do to fix it. Turns out it's a 4DTV issue. 4DTV assigns GB to G11C and XB to G11Ku. Problem is, XB won't allow scanning of the stuff that's on G17Ku. Don't ask me why because it makes no sense but there it is. Everything on G11Ku scans in just fine on XB but not G17Ku. After experimenting with just about every Ku satellite designation available in 4DTV the one that finally worked was K9 and that only worked if I tuned it to channel 18 first, and it ONLY scanned in the G17Ku stuff, not the G11Ku stuff. I'm not going to try and figure it out because I've got a headache!

Of course if they move some stuff to W9Ku I'll have to make a choice because I'll need K9 over there again but for now I'm safe.

Now if I can only figure out the White Springs issue! :what

Follow up........

After successfully scanning it in I tuned the 4DTV to XB just to see what would happen and I was able to maintain the signal so it appears the trickery was only necessary for the initial scan. Once the TP was scanned in the K9 designation was no longer necessary.

Also, it came in as a sub-audio of LTCN not HSTN and it was necessary for me to edit the Vid and PCR pids and set the audio to Right only but she's working fine now. Whew!

Now I'm going to see if the same kind of trickery will work for White Springs. :)

Can anyone get this station to tune in on a Fortec Mecury II receiver?

I can get the TXCN channels on 12060/V/26700

But I cant get audio on the 1160 audio PID.

If someone can give me detailed instrucions on how to pull this one in please let me know. :)

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)