Your HD DVD/Blu-ray purchase plans?

What are your HD DVD/Blu-ray purchase plans?

• I am thinking of buying HD DVD

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • I am thinking of buying Blu-ray

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • I am planning to buy both formats

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • I am thinking of buying a dual-format player even if it is much more expensive

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I will wait for a clear winner, even if it takes years

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I will wait until prices come down

Votes: 68 28.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters
GeorgeLV said:
I don't see why not. As long as you utilize the digital outputs (hdmi/spdif) the quality will be identical to a standalone that is specced with theoretically higher quality components.

So what you are saying is that ALL DVD players are created equal.
That they all produce the same picture quality
That the internals that process the image are all equal....

Hum...

BobMurdoch said:
I'm going to wait and see what "Gotchas" the new players have.... If the copyright management is too draconian, or the pricing isn't there, I'll stick with my DVDs until a clear winner emerges.

I still haven't bought a DVD Audio or SACD player since I can't play them anywhere but home. It has to work in my computer and car stereo or I'm not interested...

With DVD is different as I only watch movies at home or on my portable DVD player. They will have an easier time of convinceing me. I usually jump in when the machines hit $299 which should be about 12 months in, but ONLY if they don't crazy (the rumor that they will disable hardware that plays any pirated discs by loading "keys" to the machine or via an internet connection will keep me out of the pool. Ditto if they downrez to anything but a component connection. MY TV only has 1 DVI connection which my satellite receiver uses. It has to work over component video or I'm not upgrading)
You can buy a switch box so you do not have to use component connections
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...zilla:en-US:official&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)