YouTube issue

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I was watching the YouTube app on my HWS, I noticed that I got no audio from the HWS to my av receiver
I am using the optical connection from the HWS to the av receiver
If I changed from the app back to regular programming, the audio returned
I believe that this happened with the latest update
Watching using the tv speakers, sound is ok

Anyone else notice this?

thanks for the reply

wonder how long it will take Dish to take care of this issue???
I am not sure Dish is even working on the YouTube app at all anymore. I seem to remember that Dish offloaded those duties for apps like YouTube and Netflix directly to those companies, so they can release updates for their own apps independently of any Dish software releases.

I don't think Dish "offloaded" the apps for these companies, the companies themselves created the apps and would only let Dish have their content through those apps. They do not want outsiders to be privy to their coding and codecs.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I don't think Dish "offloaded" the apps for these companies, the companies themselves created the apps and would only let Dish have their content through those apps. They do not want outsiders to be privy to their coding and codecs.
All I know is that originally, any updates to those apps were dependent on a Dish software release. (Maybe not a full software release, like a change to the "U" version number, but rather a change to the Application Software version number.) Then, Dish changed something so that the streaming video app companies could release their own updates independently of any change to the Dish software version. My point was that Dish is not working on making any changes with these apps, and the timing of any fix is not dependent on Dish's software release schedule. This was in response to the question "Wonder how long it will take Dish to take care of this issue???" Dish is not the one who needs to take care of it. All they can do is collect the reports of complaints, and forward those complaint reports to YouTube.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts