Youtube Tv ers

Stupid antiquated rules (laws) ....

You live 2 minutes from the line and can't get the local channels ... instead your stuck with a city 50 miles away.
You can if you have an antenna or cableTV (yech).

By the way, just went to my YTTV page ( I am canceling it after next Monday, so why not), switched it back to Detroit, guess what, I am receiving Detroit Locals.

I should of done this instead of getting Sunday Ticket..

You can if you have an antenna or cableTV (yech).

By the way, just went to my YTTV page ( I am canceling it after next Monday, so why not), switched it back to Detroit, guess what, I am receiving Detroit Locals.

I should of done this instead of getting Sunday Ticket..
Cable TV is what she's trying to get away from.

I could do an antenna for her, but she probably wouldn't like having to change inputs and whatnot.

Cable TV is what she's trying to get away from.
No one wants that, but the rules seems to favor them.
I could do an antenna for her, but she probably wouldn't like having to change inputs and whatnot.
My wife hated the input thing, Roku TVs have the option of accessing Live TVs via Antenna in the Roku App menu, so that helped her.

But our Sony’s do the same now, a app that says Live TV in the Google TV apps.

Ok, all this talk about YTTV using your IP address got me curious, so I switched my Internet service from my Spectrum account to my AT&T cell Internet service. The Spectrum account has an IP address from Syracuse, NY, but I live in the Albany, NY DMA and get those locals. My AT&T IP address is from NYC, and I was still getting the Albany DMA locals. Then I changed my ZIP code to Salt Springs, FL in the Jacksonville, FL DMA, and started getting the Jacksonville locals. I don't know if YTTV would have eventually questioned it, but in the past when we were traveling with our RV and testing YTTV, I changed our ZIP code to where we were and sometimes YTTV would eventually show a pop-up asking if I was traveling.

Reactions: ncted
Ok, all this talk about YTTV using your IP address got me curious, so I switched my Internet service from my Spectrum account to my AT&T cell Internet service. The Spectrum account has an IP address from Syracuse, NY, but I live in the Albany, NY DMA and get those locals. My AT&T IP address is from NYC, and I was still getting the Albany DMA locals. Then I changed my ZIP code to Salt Springs, FL in the Jacksonville, FL DMA, and started getting the Jacksonville locals. I don't know if YTTV would have eventually questioned it, but in the past when we were traveling with our RV and testing YTTV, I changed our ZIP code to where we were and sometimes YTTV would eventually show a pop-up asking if I was traveling.
Based on your experience and mine, I do not know why Jimbo is having such issues , I switched mine to Detroit a few hours ago, still getting them and I know my IP shows me in Florida

Reactions: ncted and NYDutch
Based on your experience and mine, I do not know why Jimbo is having such issues , I switched mine to Detroit a few hours ago, still getting them and I know my IP shows me in Florida
The only thing I ever saw beside the "Travel" pop-up was when I said yes, I'd get a pop-up reminding me to login from my home Internet service every 90 days I believe it was. Since we were on a 30 day free trial, obliviously that was not a concern.

Last edited:
No one wants that, but the rules seems to favor them.

My wife hated the input thing, Roku TVs have the option of accessing Live TVs via Antenna in the Roku App menu, so that helped her.

But our Sony’s do the same now, a app that says Live TV in the Google TV apps.
Unfortunately, she doesn't have OUR Sony's, shes using a Samsung (That may be next years Christmas Present for them)
I really don't care for the Samsung Gui ...

I didn't know that about the Roku's, I just put an Ultra in for her .... how does that work ?

Thats interesting ...
Might it be because shes a New Sub ?

Unfortunately, she doesn't have OUR Sony's, shes using a Samsung (That may be next years Christmas Present for them)
Yes it does suck.
I didn't know that about the Roku's, I just put an Ultra in for her .... how does that work ?
I wrote Roku TV, it does not work with the Ultra.

Thats interesting ...
Might it be because shes a New Sub ?
I have no idea, how did you set it up, phone, tablet, computer?

I used the PC when we started back in 2019.

I have no idea, how did you set it up, phone, tablet, computer?

I used the PC when we started back in 2019.
She set it up using her Apple phone and got pissed when Google kept asking her to log in and then not letting her.
Shes Apple all the way, so, she dislikes Google.

The DMA maps need to be revised using common sense. I live in the physical Lehigh Valley/ Philly market area. Everybody around here shops in Allentown, they go to the movies in Allentown, they go to the restaurants in Allentown, etc, etc, but the FCC in it's infinite wisdom dictates we are in the Scranton./Wilkes Barre DMA and so our locals are the SWB locals, not the Philly/LV locals. It just makes no sense but we're stuck with it and so I have an antenna to get the Philly and Allentown/LV stations. It's the only (current) way around the mindless rules. If she is that close to Toledo an antenna may be the only viable option.

The DMA maps need to be revised using common sense. I live in the physical Lehigh Valley/ Philly market area. Everybody around here shops in Allentown, they go to the movies in Allentown, they go to the restaurants in Allentown, etc, etc, but the FCC in it's infinite wisdom dictates we are in the Scranton./Wilkes Barre DMA and so our locals are the SWB locals, not the Philly/LV locals. It just makes no sense but we're stuck with it and so I have an antenna to get the Philly and Allentown/LV stations. It's the only (current) way around the mindless rules. If she is that close to Toledo an antenna may be the only viable option.
The DMA's are set by the NielsenTV folks, and adopted as is by the FCC.

Reactions: Bobby
If I remember correctly, if she installs the Pluto App on her TV, it will integrate her locals via antenna into the guide.

It does on all my TVs, from the TCLs to the Sonys, just never use it.

Reactions: Jimbo