YouTube TV is now the #4 Video Provider for the United States

WAIT a minute .....
D* has gone up 2x a year 1 time ...
We do not know that, that will continue.

D* Normally goes up in Jan/Feb ....

We'll see.

I've been with them for 20 years now, last year was the only time thats happened.
I’ve been with Comcast a while and they have not been going up twice a year. :rolleyes:

My Sister whom I got started with YTTV, because she wanted to cheapen her Cable bill ...
Is saying that the YTTV picture is great sometime, while not very good at other times.
Shes saying she gets like a haze over the picture, if its something she can get over the Antenna she'll watch it that way and its crystal clear.

I haven't seen it yet, she says the picture will get a greenish/blue cast to it.
Any one else having that kind of issue ?
Admittedly, I do not watch much tv on it, and I only keep YTTV about three months out of the year, but when I do have it, what I watch is pretty clear.

Admittedly, I do not watch much tv on it, and I only keep YTTV about three months out of the year, but when I do have it, what I watch is pretty clear.
I believe its not the TV, seeing the OTA looks great on it and her other TV I think looks the same way on YTTV (I'll have to confirm that part, haven't been over there lately).
I was thinking that maybe a bad HDMI connection maybe, thats the only connection there is really, but now that they say there is a Bug, maybe thats it ... no need to try and fix it if thats the case.

She's using Roku Ultras ... (just bought a few months ago.)

WAIT a minute .....
D* has gone up 2x a year 1 time ...
We do not know that, that will continue.

D* Normally goes up in Jan/Feb ....

We'll see.

I've been with them for 20 years now, last year was the only time thats happened.
My guess will be May/November, May might be the start of their Broadcast Channel Charge, then November ( the last increase was Nov.2023) will be the package increase.

I was with Comcast for years, they only had one increase a year, then they started having two a year, they that continued, same with Charter.

Have to start somewhere.

If DirecTV only has one increase, does it really matter when the monthly price is so much more then everyone else, which is a big reason why they have lost 15 Million Subscribers in the last 7 years and continue to lose at a pace of 2 million a year (as confirmed by the Fitch report).

I’ve been with Comcast a while and they have not been going up twice a year. :rolleyes:
You are not paying attention then-

Here is January 2023 when packages went up.

Here is August 2023 when internet, also Broadcast and RSN fees went up

Here is people complaining about it-

Here it is announced for Jan 2024, where everything went up-

Last edited:
I believe its not the TV, seeing the OTA looks great on it and her other TV I think looks the same way on YTTV (I'll have to confirm that part, haven't been over there lately).
I was thinking that maybe a bad HDMI connection maybe, thats the only connection there is really, but now that they say there is a Bug, maybe thats it ... no need to try and fix it if thats the case.

At the bottom, you are able to check and change the resolution for YTTV, while watch a show, click down a few times, you will see it on the far left, click on that.

I recommend Auto.

"At the current levels of decline [of cable and satellite subs], YouTube TV is on a clear path to becoming the largest pay-TV provider in the United States. “

Just did some simple math using 2023 numbers

YTTV, based on the 1.5 Million the article said they will gain this year ( but they gained 1.9 Million in 2023), they will have 9.5 Million the end of 2024

All of DirecTV had 11 Million the end of 2023, so at their rate of 2 million subs lost a year, 9 Million

That means YTTV will overtake all of DirecTV ( Satellite, internet, stream, Uverse) by the end of 2024.

Comcast had 14,106,000 the end of 2023, lost 2,036,000 that year, so by the end of 2025, down to a 10,035,000.

YTTV should be at, at least, 11 Million, so it will overtake Comcast by, at least, 2025.

Charter had 14,122,000 the end of 2023, lost 1,025,000 that year, based on gains and losses, YTTV will not overtake them until sometime in 2026.

But, the losses go up for Cable/Satellite every year, went up 1.9 Million from 2022, so as the losses for them go up, YTTV will surpass them more quickly.

By the way, YTTV already has 1.5 Million more subs then Dish, should overtake Dish+Sling TV together by the end of 1st quarter/2024 , if not, for sure by 2nd Quarter .

Excellent for a Live TV Provider only providing service for 7 years, specially in today’s world.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

sounds bandwidth based.

Depending on her internet speed, and if others are watching/doing things on the internet at the same time, her quality on YTTV could be reduced to compensate during higher traffic times.

Just did some simple math using 2023 numbers

YTTV, based on the 1.5 Million the article said they will gain this year ( but they gained 1.9 Million in 2023), they will have 9.5 Million the end of 2024

All of DirecTV had 11 Million the end of 2023, so at their rate of 2 million subs lost a year, 9 Million

That means YTTV will overtake all of DirecTV ( Satellite, internet, stream, Uverse) by the end of 2024.

Comcast had 14,106,000 the end of 2023, lost 2,036,000 that year, so by the end of 2025, down to a 10,035,000.

YTTV should be at, at least, 11 Million, so it will overtake Comcast by, at least, 2025.

Charter had 14,122,000 the end of 2023, lost 1,025,000 that year, based on gains and losses, YTTV will not overtake them until sometime in 2026.

But, the losses go up for Cable/Satellite every year, went up 1.9 Million from 2022, so as the losses for them go up, YTTV will surpass them more quickly.

By the way, YTTV already has 1.5 Million more subs then Dish, should overtake Dish+Sling TV together by the end of 1st quarter/2024 , if not, for sure by 2nd Quarter .

Excellent for a Live TV Provider only providing service for 7 years, specially in today’s world.
IF progressions stay the way they are now ....

I don't see YTTV continuing that same increase of subs thruout the next 2-3 years, I expect it to even off to more normal estimates.

Lots of things could happen and will happen, some for the better, others not.

sounds bandwidth based.

Depending on her internet speed, and if others are watching/doing things on the internet at the same time, her quality on YTTV could be reduced to compensate during higher traffic times.
I did think about that, but I have not been able to confirm what speeds internet they have ....
I'm gonna guess they have about 200 mbbs, that seems to be the basic speed around here lately (and Up)

I don't see YTTV continuing that same increase of subs thruout the next 2-3 years, I expect it to even off to more normal estimates.
Why?

Some keeps saying/writing that losses for Cable/Satellite will slow down, yet they continue to go up ( almost 7 Million left Cable/Sat. in 2023, up from 5 million in 2022).

Some of those leaving Cable/Satellite still want Paid Live TV, hence why YTTV gained 1.9 Million, no one can say that will not continue, specially at the high price Cable/Satellite is and with less and less new content every year.

Has YouTube TV, ever got their DVR to start recording only new episodes? That was the #1 reason I dropped them and went to HULU + Live TV!
No, that is now how their DVR works. Not sure if this is why, but it may be to avoid paying a license fee to a patent holder for a particular software feature.

No, that is now how their DVR works. Not sure if this is why, but it may be to avoid paying a license fee to a patent holder for a particular software feature.
So, if you want to watch Season 17 ep 12, do you have to scroll thru them All or does it at least take to to the one you want ?

What if your watching a weekly show and want to record the next episode ?

So, if you want to watch Season 17 ep 12, do you have to scroll thru them All or does it at least take to to the one you want ?
Yes, but only take seconds and every show/episode is identified by season and episode #.
What if you’re watching a weekly show and want to record the next episode ?
You add a show to Library. records the next one and every episode after you add the show.

Another big plus, if you have a power outage, will still record and yes, can REW/FF thru commercials.

Reactions: Bobby and Jimbo

What if your watching a weekly show and want to record the next episode ?
There are a couple of different ways to get to the episode, depending on whether it is newly recorded. At a minimum, if you go to the show, you can sort through bu season and episode pretty quickly. e.g.:

IMG_0688.jpeg

Does the FF/Rew come in increments, like 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds rewind? Or, is it hit and miss, fast forward until you are near the end of the commercial?