YouTube TV is Raising its Price

So an $8.00 increase in the price. I am afraid that these streaming services like Youtube TV are on the same path as linear cable/satellite with the hikes. They are going to price themselves right out of business. The whole reason people cord cut is to pay less and Youtube TV is following the same path of higher price hikes. I think the future will be ota dvrs like Tablo and TV Anywhere with Sling TV and hook it with the subscription of your choice and that will change depending on what show is on the service. It isn't about the channel any more, it is about the program. I wonder how long till they offer the individual programs Ala cart and let people save even more money.
The box fees are the biggest saving, normally I have two that are used everyday, Living Room and the outdoor theater where I watch regular TV in the mornings ( usually news) while on the Life Cycle.

But then I have areas with infrequent use, my bedroom, game room and dining room.

Then 5 other bedrooms that are never used unless I have guests, which I did the last holidays, had a full house over Thanksgiving and this year will be the same, since I am in Florida, everyone wants to come here.

So that is 10 boxes total, which would cost me almost a, roughly, extra $70 a month with DirecTV, Dish, etc, YTTV provided me with the 4K with unlimited TVs option, which I turned on when the guests were here, turned off when they left.

Cannot do that with Dish ( unless I buy the boxes which is another expense) or DirecTV, so that saves me a extra, roughly, $840 a year on top of the service.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You just posted this-

So a difference of $40 to YTTV.

If you care about content, you could get Hulu Live with Disney+, regular Hulu commercial free, ESPN+ for $82.99 and still saving $30.

Then with that $30, could get Paramount+ and Peacock commercial free and you still would be less then your DirecTV bill.

Or YTTV with 4K Netflix, Paramount+ and Peacock commercial free, same price as your DirecTV bill.

I could go on and on, but the fact remains the same, streaming is cheaper and with more content.
yes i did post the top part. it just amazes me when cable or sat rates go up. people think that streaming won't
add the 4K on yttv i'm saving a whopping 30 a month!!!
yes streaming is cheaper than cable or sat depending on what one watches also i know for me i need multible apps then there's channels i watch that's not on streaming yet.

yes i did post the top part. it just amazes me when cable or sat rates go up. people think that streaming won't
Of course it will go up, but Traditional Providers will always go up also, so the price difference will always be there.
add the 4K on yttv i'm saving a whopping 30 a month!!!
do not need the 4K, I just went to the Fox Sports app to watch the NFL in their fake 4K.

The vast majority of 4K are on the streaming services, Netflix, Paramount, HBOMAX, etc.
yes streaming is cheaper than cable or sat depending on what one watches also i know for me i need multible apps then there's channels i watch that's not on streaming yet.
What channels are those?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
FYI: for YTTV subscribers, Target has a deal on Google Play gift cards this week: $5 Target Gift card with a $50 Google Play gift card. If you have a Red Card, you also get 5% off the Google Play gift card. If you shop at Target regularly (it is my main grocery store), this effectively amounts to almost 15% off the gift cards. Deals like this are also how I pay for my prepaid cell service and Apple products and services I get directly from Apple.

Reactions: dishdude