Zenith DTT901 tuner

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Somebody gave me one of these today. No remote. Is there any use for one of these anymore? I can't tell if it displays PSIP data because it doesn't have the remote control. It gets surprisingly excellent reviews on Amazon for a box that is almost 10 years old. Apparently people are still buying them!

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: N5XZS
Most people consider that box one of the best for DX’ing because of the tuner sensitivity. Manually tuning of the channels can be done through the menu. At some point during manufacturing they switched from Sanyo to LG for the tuner. They are both very good but the Sanyo can lock on a weaker signal before the LG. If you shine a flashlight through the air vents you can see the name on the top of the tuner.

Most people consider that box one of the best for DX’ing because of the tuner sensitivity. Manually tuning of the channels can be done through the menu. At some point during manufacturing they switched from Sanyo to LG for the tuner. They are both very good but the Sanyo can lock on a weaker signal before the LG. If you shine a flashlight through the air vents you can see the name on the top of the tuner.

It's the LG. I might order a replacement remote for it and see what it can do.

Reactions: k.r.
No luck finding a code. I tried all codes listed for LG, Insignia and Zenith for TV, DVD, VCR and combo. The box was manufactured by LG. The Insignia NS-DXA1 is the same box, so that remote would also work.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Thank you for your efforts and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Zenith TV Converter Box Remote Codes - Codes For Universal Remotes

How to Set Up a Remote Control on a Zenith DTV Converter Box | Techwalla.com

SOLVED: CODES FOR ZENITH DTT900 DIGITAL TV CONVERTER - Fixya:
I own a Zenith DTT900 Converter, along with a briefcase full of universal remotes. Most of the remotes I own do not work with the converter, but here are the codes and remotes that DO work that I know of: All are programmed under the satellite receiver button.

Phillips PM6225 6 Device Consolidator--Code 267, which is listed as a Zenith satellite receiver

Radio Shack Model 15-135 HDTV Pro Remote-- Code 01414, which is listed as a DirecTV satellite box code, as well as an LG satellite box code

Radio Shack 8-in-1 LCD Remote Model 15-100--Code 01414, which is similar to the model 15-135.

Zenith 6 Device Universal Learning Remote Model ZN620--Code 267, similar to the Phillips remote listed first.

This may not be a direct answer to the One for All remote you have, but the remotes I listed are stiil for sale as of 4/08, so at least you know some currently available remotes that can dothe job....

The Zenith was one of the early DTV converter boxes and it worked well, but it is really hard to get dewy over a box that qualified for the converter coupon (only provides SD and two-channel audio).

The remote control arrived the other day. I connected the box and it did not disappoint. I would say the tuner is comparable in sensitivity to my HD Homerun Connect tuner. PSIP works fine. Signal meter has a beep tone like a FTA satellite receiver.

I really don’t need this box though. I’d be willing to give it to anybody who wants to pay for shipping. Send me a PM if interested :)

Reactions: k.r.