1080i and native resolution for std channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mstone23

Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Which mode is the best or most people prefer to watch their standard def channels in, 1080 or native? I think that native looks better and that 1080 produces a lot more artifacting, but I like 1080 in that it keeps the menu in high def all the time and there's no switching modes. Any suggestions?

For the reasons you mentioned above, I personally prefer 1080i mode.
Native mode can also cause problems on certain OTA channels for those TV sets that do not support 720p.

Ilya said:
For the reasons you mentioned above, I personally prefer 1080i mode.
Native mode can also cause problems on certain OTA channels for those TV sets that do not support 720p.
This is exactly the case for me. My MITS will convert 720p through my intergrated tuner to 1080i, but it only recognizes 480i,480p or 1080i through the DTV input. Any AV equipment plugged in to my DTV input has to be able to output one of these 3 (480i,480p or 1080i) resolutions to work. In other words, if I use the Voom reciever for OTA reception, I can't use native because it won't recognize my ABC or Fox affilliates. Therefore, I use the 1080i mode so as I don't have to switch it to watch either of those 2 channels. Although I agree with "mstone23" when he writes "that native looks better, but I like 1080 in that it keeps the menu in high def all the time and there's no switching modes".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)