133W problems?

Yeah the reports are the bird got hit by some "space junk" and may have damage some of the electronics in it.. and they can't control it now..
I read that it was suspected to be damaged by a geomagnetic storm caused by the sun, not space junk: Intelsat working to regain control of Galaxy 15 satellite - SpaceNews

But with the amount of space junk in low earth orbit now and the rate at which new stuff is put in orbit, it's only a matter of time until we get a chain reaction of collisions that becomes self sustaining and does massive damage. The movie "Gravity" comes to mind.....

The high earth orbit geostationary birds will be safe from space junk for a long time. Safe from the sun -- not so much!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I read that it was suspected to be damaged by a geomagnetic storm caused by the sun, not space junk: Intelsat working to regain control of Galaxy 15 satellite - SpaceNews

But with the amount of space junk in low earth orbit now and the rate at which new stuff is put in orbit, it's only a matter of time until we get a chain reaction of collisions that becomes self sustaining and does massive damage. The movie "Gravity" comes to mind.....

The high earth orbit geostationary birds will be safe from space junk for a long time. Safe from the sun -- not so much!

Really and that’s going to made a difference on what hit it the, the bottom line it is damaged and out of control.

Really and that’s going to made a difference on what hit it the, the bottom line it is damaged and out of control.
Don't get your panties in a wad, this is not the first time it decided to do what it wanted. 5 or six years ago it had the same problem and it it was finally rebooted around 72W I believe, sent it home and has been fine until now.

Don't get your panties in a wad, this is not the first time it decided to do what it wanted. 5 or six years ago it had the same problem and it it was finally rebooted around 72W I believe, sent it home and has been fine until now.
Yeah we all know that, my thing was what difference does it matter the satellite is damage that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts