139W AMC 8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Alaska Mux is there , 16 channels, 7 video, 7 radio, and a couple I'm not sure about.
AK-1
AK-1 DTV
AK-2 (360 North)
AK-3 UATV
AK-3 DTV
APRN ?
ARCS
ARCS DTV

KCAW FM
KMXT
KOTZ
KSDP
KSKA FM
KUAC FM
KUCB
MMX1P6 ??

Reactions: IntelPennny4
what is in the Alaska Mux? is transponder 4080 V still there? i cant find anywhere on the web what is on this bird

i was just asking why they call it the alaska mux but its ok i looked it up and figured it out. i read some where that the 4080 V was still active they said to try 30000 or 5000. thanks magic

I used to be able to get channels off 139w a few years back and scanned it again yesterday along with 137w but got zip on both. From what I remember, that bird is now spot beam for Alaska so we ppl on the East coast are SOL!

Reactions: MosFET77
hey lone what transponders did u scan?
I am sure he did a blind scan. He is right though unless you are in the North West(mainly) you will see nothing.
Nothing currently running at 137W either.

well i guess i miss out on the 139w train then o well. i thank you all for posting and helping me out. i be getting another 10 footer soon :)

Have approx. 10.5dB SNR on 4056 H 13250 here in Northern California with a 10'. All other transponders are gone.

Titanium, is there any place in your area to purchase C-Band mesh? I have a 10 foot dish that had the crap knocked out of it during a hail storm. The screen has more dimples than a golfball. Big ones, the size of a silver dollar. Thought you might know where it can be purchased.

yo vman is this what u be looking for?

img_20180315_144528226-jpg.131872

I buy locally with almost any punch design from a local aluminum supplier/fabricator. Had two panels made a few years ago. Took a piece for him to match and the dimensions. He had the two panels produced within the week. Recall the cost to be about $75 plus 2 hours driving and 6 gallons fuel! :confused:

Have you checked with an aluminum fab shop in your area? Many of these shops are going away since they used to be quite busy with RV panels and the industry is almost all fiberglass now. Check with a RV repair shop. They should have leads on who is still in the business.

Reactions: wvman
I buy locally with almost any punch design from a local aluminum supplier/fabricator. Had two panels made a few years ago. Took a piece for him to match and the dimensions. He had the two panels produced within the week. Recall the cost to be about $75 plus 2 hours driving and 6 gallons fuel! :confused:

Have you checked with an aluminum fab shop in your area? Many of these shops are going away since they used to be quite busy with RV panels and the industry is almost all fiberglass now. Check with a RV repair shop. They should have leads on who is still in the business.

I found some rolled aluminium wide enough to make panels for 7-1/2 foot dishes, which should collect more signal due to the smooth surface, and have a friend with a metal shear, but they cannot get it in widths wide enough for 10 and 12 foot dishes. The dish I have that needs the mesh replaced is a Unimesh and the panels slide into a track rather than being held down with washer head cap screws.

There's a guy here that does special projects, but he doesn't have a supplier for this kind of mesh. I was on Alibaba and found the mesh in China, but the minimum order was 30 rolls, and the freight was over a thousand bucks to get it here. As you might imagine, that's out of the question. I have the money to purchase it, but I don't know what I'd do with 30 five hundred foot rolls. :)