2 hopper 3 joey install requires 2 dishes

What Satjay said. Request a field manager to come out with him via Raymond or DIRT, as it doesn't sound like this guy really knows what he's doing, sadly. He should have used a duo node from the start.

requesting managers never works, they just send whatever tech anyway. its like asking for a spanish speaking tech...right. the only way to get that done is to actually call his manager if you have the direct phone number.
anyway, this guy probably got dinged with a tc for installing 2 hoppers when the system first came out, becuase it didnt work then. so maybe he's afraid. i can verify it DOES work fine, now. joeys 'hopping' between hoppers is thw hole point, right? you want that capability.

Update, the guy didn't show "at 8:00 AM or maybe even earlier" with the duo switch as promised. I called his office at 8:30 and he was on his way there. I am disappointed with how long a simple install is taking, now I have to figure out when to "try" and reschedule. It's tough finding a 4 to 5 hour window to stay home.

What number/office do you keep calling?
It sounds like you are dealing with an incompetent subcontractor, since you keep getting the same tech.
If scheduling is a problem, contact DIRT again. Dish rolls in-house techs 7 days a week, 365.

I spoke with darrengs on the phone a couple hours ago. He now has another appointment set up for this weekend, FSM requested, and I also emailed the dispatch office with details on what needs to be done, and that it is indeed possible to have 2H/3J without need a second dish.

Two weeks and three appointments, but we are good!

Okay the installer was here. He installed a new dish and a new duo node switch. All 3 of my Joeys can see the 2 hoppers now. The dispatcher did call this morning to explain that a FSM was not available but she could send a different installer. I told her that was fine and she also called me back to let me know that the right equipment was on the truck.

Thanks to MattG and RaymondG and everyone else here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)