2 hopper 3 joey install requires 2 dishes

Are the dishes right next to each other? If they are separated it could be a LOS issue from a single location. If they are side by side it is probably just incompetence.

mike123abc said:
Are the dishes right next to each other? If they are separated it could be a LOS issue from a single location. If they are side by side it is probably just incompetence.

Right next to each other.

This probably isn't the first time that tech did it, most likely due to the ongoing shortage of duo nodes.
Unfortunately, the office he works for may be encouraging it to keep completion numbers up.
If you PM DIRT, give them as much info on the tech as you can so this crap stops.

I sent another PM last night and RaymondG responded back. He is going to schedule someone to come out and fix this, you guys are great i should have thought to post here while he was installing. I will keep this thread updated on the final resolution.

I sent another PM last night and RaymondG responded back. He is going to schedule someone to come out and fix this, you guys are great i should have thought to post here while he was installing. I will keep this thread updated on the final resolution.

That's great news!!! The DIRT folks are the bomb. Let us know how it turns out.:)

I have an appointment for Saturday. They would have come today if I needed it, but the weekend works better for me.

Makes you wonder how many accounts are out there like this. You would think they could run a report of hoppers reporting back on single nodes when duos should have been installed since two hoppers are on the account. People are going to be upset with the system being installed wrong.

It could double as list for the audit nazis as well.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Have you been in touch with anyone about this? If you have not, please send me a PM with your phone number or account number so we can get this taken care of.

Yes, RaymondG got back to me. I have an appointment for Saturday Morning. Thanks

This morning one Hopper had no local channels and the other was fine, so even though the dishes are right next to each other it seems one may be getting better signals. I didn't have time to play with it this morning before work.

The installer just left (same one that installed last week). It took a little persuading and he will be back Wednesday morning with a duo node switch. He tried to explain that the Joeys would want to "hop" between the hoppers. I told him that I want to be able to connect to either of two hoppers from any joey. Well he did not have the switch, which was the whole reason for coming... Well I will update on Wednesday.

darrengs said:
The installer just left (same one that installed last week). It took a little persuading and he will be back Wednesday morning with a duo node switch. He tried to explain that the Joeys would want to "hop" between the hoppers. I told him that I want to be able to connect to either of two hoppers from any joey. Well he did not have the switch, which was the whole reason for coming... Well I will update on Wednesday.

I forgot the proper term but you might want to ask if the manger can come with him to make sure the job is done right this time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)