2008 NFL Playoff Thread

The No. 1 Seed in the NFL Playoffs goes down afire.

I guess from now on, I should just stop watching the NFL until December.

I guess the only way to win a title is "suck for three months and only give a damn in December"

Philly is going DOWN next week.

If not- when was the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a terrible running game.

Almost every team that I can recall winning a title had a good or great running game.

This, OTOH, is not.

to win the big game you need a running attack no doubt. dan marino would be the 1st to tell you how important the running game is! we shall see what happens next week. this is the 1st pick all year that i am unsure which way to go. they both have done a great job to get to the NFC championsip game

What a joke the playoffs have become. This year you had several teams emerge that had credible cases to win a SB. Now you have all Bullsh!t teams that were barely .500 screwing everything up. The worst thing of all is that the 11-5 Patriots didn't even get in. I never thought I'd feel sorry for New England, but that aint right.

I guess the only way to win a title is "suck for three months and only give a damn in December"

The way things are now, the regular season in ANY professional sport doesn't mean s%$t. Why in hell I will get all wrapped up for 162 games again this year is beyond me. :rolleyes:

All four boobs on CBS pick the Steelers over the Chargers. Hope they're right!
cope.gif

i know some will put too much weight on how it might not be a good idea to go as the #1 seed to the playoffs but to me that's BS! I don't remember this being a problem for the dynasties of the past. what I'm seeing here is a lack of preparation by some of these teams and not taking their opponents serious enough. again, i'm not taking anything away from this weekends winners. they deserve full credit for taking care of their side of the game!

Like someone posted in another thread (or was it this one?)

This is why in the NFL they play the games, and in college football they don't.

It doesn't matter what seed you are, it just matters who can beat their opponent, the rest is hype.

The way things are now, the regular season in ANY professional sport doesn't mean s%$t. Why in hell I will get all wrapped up for 162 games again this year is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Could not agree more . . . if I learned anything from Mets, it is to not get emotionally involved day in and day out anymore 'cuz they will just put up an "o-for" for September

They ought to just put this year's SB on NFL Network so no one can watch it. And bring back Bryant Gumbel for those who do.:haha

What Are the Mets Thinking?

Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)