2009 NBA Playoffs

Right on, HD.

I don't understand Icy's 'redundancy' argument. IIRC, nobody complained when we had a separate thread for last year's NBA Finals, the Super Bowl, or the World Series.

We have a separate thread for every division in baseball and an MLB thread. We have individual threads for important headline stories that come up on top of that. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just showing examples of hypocrisy.)

I don't understand his policy on not allowing a separate thread for the NBA Final Series either. There are plenty of on-going topics in the NBA that are still on-going. I would've thought a separate NBA Finals thread would be the perfect place to discuss the finer points relating to the series and leave the other NBA talk in this thread.

Oh well. He's not a fan of the NBA. He's said it before. I assume his bias had a bearing in the decision. BTW, when did the sports forum get a new moderator? I'm starting to think some people in here have too much power for their own good.

I don't recall there being a rule that says all NBA players are required to speak to reporters at all times.

The athlete has their own right whether they want to talk to reporters or not.

Talking a little time on my cruise to somewhat catch up here.....WHAT A SORE LOSER!! I am very disappointed that Lebron didn't even shake hands with the winning team..... I will give him this one....but that move of not congratulating the winning....BETTER team showed a complete lack of class!!:(

Talking a little time on my cruise to somewhat catch up here.....WHAT A SORE LOSER!! I am very disappointed that Lebron didn't even shake hands with the winning team..... I will give him this one....but that move of not congratulating the winning....BETTER team showed a complete lack of class!!:(

Salsa welcome back and :up:up:up:up on your reply.

How's your vacation going? You must be cleaning up giving dance lessons!;)
Post some pics!

I don't understand all the attention LeBron's getting for heading directly to the locker room following the loss either. Is the guy nearly that flawless that something like this gains so much attention?

Look, I know it would be more "sports-man-like" to go shake the winner's hand and to speak openly to the media following the loss. But what for? So the media can ask him assassin questions? For him to get bombarded with questions speculating about his future in Cleveland? Dude has so much emotion wrapped into this game and cares so much about winning that when he doesn't, he's noticeably upset, which is the way he should be.

Let the man grieve. He's a competitor. He hates losing. It took me 3 days to come on here and congratulate Magic fans and I'm not even a member of the team! Lol.

And if the rolls were reversed....you would have had a cow....!! I have NO ISSUES with him skipping the media...but not shaking hands and showing sportsmanship is completely different!

How's your vacation going? You must be cleaning up giving dance lessons!;)
Post some pics!

The cruise is AWESOME!! We are just off the coast of Italy and we will be going to dinner in a couple.

Damn.....I was the ONLY ONE that picked Orlando to win!! HMMMM....I wonder how crazy I am NOW??!! :rolleyes:;)

Anyway, done alot of dancing with the Mrs. and a couple fo shore excursions with the family. I will check up on the site here on occassion.

This F'ing place is addicting! LOL!!

Anyway, going back to the finals.....Orlando does NOT match well with the Lakers and conventional wisdon would say Lakers in 6. BUT, as we have seen IN THE LAST SERIES, you do NOT win on paper...but on the court.

With that said, my HEART wants Orlando to win......but my HEAD says Lakers SHOULD win.

SKY......way to show some "cojones" in being hear right after the loss.

And though I do agree that this Lebron flap will be forgiven...it will not be forgotten. I covered the game that Scottie Pippen sat out the final 2 seconds OF A PLAYOFF GAME due to "migrane headache" .....believe me...that crap is NOT forgotten....

Talk to you guys ina few....have fun watching the Finals!

The cruise is AWESOME!! We are just off the coast of Italy and we will be going to dinner in a couple.

Damn.....I was the ONLY ONE that picked Orlando to win!! HMMMM....I wonder how crazy I am NOW??!! :rolleyes:;)

Anyway, done alot of dancing with the Mrs. and a couple fo shore excursions with the family. I will check up on the site here on occassion.

This F'ing place is addicting! LOL!!

Anyway, going back to the finals.....Orlando does NOT match well with the Lakers and conventional wisdon would say Lakers in 6. BUT, as we have seen IN THE LAST SERIES, you do NOT win on paper...but on the court.

With that said, my HEART wants Orlando to win......but my HEAD says Lakers SHOULD win.

SKY......way to show some "cojones" in being hear right after the loss.

And though I do agree that this Lebron flap will be forgiven...it will not be forgotten. I covered the game that Scottie Pippen sat out the final 2 seconds OF A PLAYOFF GAME due to "migrane headache" .....believe me...that crap is NOT forgotten....

Talk to you guys ina few....have fun watching the Finals!

Salsa, what cruise are you on? My mom and I took a 12 night Carnival cruise out of Rome two years ago. It was amazing. Where are you stopping?

Sandra

Well I was 0 for 2 in the Conference Finals....

...the Nuggets reverted to being the Nuggets...

...and the Magic outplayed the Cavs, especially in the frontcourt.

So lets try this again for the NBA Finals... :D

Lakers in 6.

The NBA Finals 2-3-2 format really hurts the Magic, I don't think either the Lakers or Magic can win 3 in a row in this series, especially the 3 point reliant Magic. One edige that the Magic may have is that if both Howard and Lewis are both hot, the Lakers bigs of Gasol and Bynum don't stray from the paint too often and the Lakers may be forced to go small to defend the 3 point line.

As far as LeBron and his leaving the court/arena after they were eliminated...does he deserve heat for it, YES! Has he become a selfish "Me-Me" player, the jury is still out on that one. Does he deserve to lump into the "bad character" category, NO!

It's not about being a "Winner" LeBron, it's about being a "Leader"

Your teammates shook the hands of the Magic after being eliminated...are they "Losers".

Your teammates stayed around and answered the media's questions after they were eliminated...they took the responsibility for the loss, not you...is that being a "Winner".

The people LeBron owes an apology isn't the media or his fans, it's his teammates. He threw them under the bus, and by doing so wasn't a "Leader" and also not a "Winner".

Well I was 0 for 2 in the Conference Finals....

...the Nuggets reverted to being the Nuggets...

...and the Magic outplayed the Cavs, especially in the frontcourt.

So lets try this again for the NBA Finals... :D

Lakers in 6.

The NBA Finals 2-3-2 format really hurts the Magic, I don't think either the Lakers or Magic can win 3 in a row in this series, especially the 3 point reliant Magic. One edige that the Magic may have is that if both Howard and Lewis are both hot, the Lakers bigs of Gasol and Bynum don't stray from the paint too often and the Lakers may be forced to go small to defend the 3 point line.

As far as LeBron and his leaving the court/arena after they were eliminated...does he deserve heat for it, YES! Has he become a selfish "Me-Me" player, the jury is still out on that one. Does he deserve to lump into the "bad character" category, NO!

It's not about being a "Winner" LeBron, it's about being a "Leader"

Your teammates shook the hands of the Magic after being eliminated...are they "Losers".

Your teammates stayed around and answered the media's questions after they were eliminated...they took the responsibility for the loss, not you...is that being a "Winner".

The people LeBron owes an apology isn't the media or his fans, it's his teammates. He threw them under the bus, and by doing so wasn't a "Leader" and also not a "Winner".

That's probably the best post on this subject that I've read, and hopefully the last. Hit the nail on the head, Charles.

Sidenote to Charles - ARIZONA? I thought you were in Hawaii?

I haven't missed you one bit either. ;):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)