2009 NBA Playoffs

Is it just me but isnt it a bit odd that a game seven is on a Sunday Night??

You're right, it is odd.

Back in the old days (CBS and NBC), ALL series (not counting the Finals) either started OR ended on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

You're right, it is odd.

Back in the old days (CBS and NBC), ALL series (not counting the Finals) either started OR ended on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Yea, I figured it would be afternoon, but I guess with the the TV contracts today that changes.

Bill, I'm sorry about the outcome, but I have to credit the C's for getting this far amid the circumstances.

Please don't hate me for what I'm about to say- the Celtics simply ran out of gas.

Ray Allen poured his heart out tonight, but there were too many missed shots.

Bill, I'm sorry about the outcome, but I have to credit the C's for getting this far amid the circumstances.

Please don't hate me for what I'm about to say- the Celtics simply ran out of gas.

Ray Allen poured his heart out tonight, but there were too many missed shots.

Sabres, you're correct on all counts! :up

The Magic are the better team and deserved to win.

That being said, good luck to them in the next series...........they're gonna need it! :eek: :p

Well, the Conference Finals are set, and believe it or not, I got all four of the teams correct!

At the start of the playoffs, I said it would come to Cleveland, Orlando, the L.A. Lakers, and Denver.

This makes up for getting zero conference finalists in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (San Jose, Vancouver, Boston, Washington- that's what I predicted, and that basically fell flat).

What a freaky coincidence- I went 4-4 in NBA Conference Finals, but 0-4 in the NHL Conference Finals.

Well, the Conference Finals are set, and believe it or not, I got all four of the teams correct!

At the start of the playoffs, I said it would come to Cleveland, Orlando, the L.A. Lakers, and Denver.

This makes up for getting zero conference finalists in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (San Jose, Vancouver, Boston, Washington- that's what I predicted, and that basically fell flat).

What a freaky coincidence- I went 4-4 in NBA Conference Finals, but 0-4 in the NHL Conference Finals.

No offense, but the NHL Playoffs are ALWAYS harder to predict than the NBA Playoffs.

But anyway, good job picking the NBA winners (especially Denver.....you had them pegged months ago :up).

This was my preseason NBA picks (C&P'd from the NBA season thread).

The Cavs are the only team I correctly picked for the Final Four :eek:

First Round
Cleveland over Miami in 4

Detroit over Orlando in 5
Boston over Atlanta in 6
Philadelphia over Toronto in 6

Conference Semifinals
Cleveland over Detroit in 5
Boston over Philadelphia in 6

Conference Finals
Cleveland over Boston in 7

First Round
New Orleans over Houston in 5
Portland over Dallas in 7
Lakers over San Antonio in 5
Utah over Phoenix in 7

Conference Semifinals
New Orleans over Portland in 6
Utah over Lakers in 6

Conference Finals
New Orleans over Utah in 7

NBA Finals
Cleveland over New Orleans in 6.............. MVP- LeBron James

Regular Season MVP- LeBron James

Rookie of the Year- Greg Oden (and yes he's eligible)

The magic have beaten the cavs plenty of times. somthing like 8 of the last 11 meetings or somthing. 2 to 1 this year. The magic have a great chance to beat them.

Orlando outplayed Boston in nearly every game. Had Big Baby not hit that buzzer beater in Game 4 and Boston not rallied to win Game 5 this series would have been over a while ago. That said, the Celtics showed a lot of heart during this year's playoffs. In fact they showed more heart in defeat that the Lakers do in victory. The bottom line was the injuries were just too much to overcome.

Looking ahead to the ECF I like Cleveland. Did I just say that? :eek: I mean I like the Cavs. They have been dominant so far. The only question is will they sweep again? I say they'll lose at least one game, but they will win the series.

Charles Barkley is officially certifiable. He actually picked the Magic to beat the Cavs! :eek::eek::eek:

For months, the Magic have been the team that I don't want to see in the playoffs.....we just don't matchup as well with them. I think Chuck has gone a little to far, but I see it taking 7 games for the Cavs to win this one...

For months, the Magic have been the team that I don't want to see in the playoffs.....we just don't matchup as well with them. I think Chuck has gone a little to far, but I see it taking 7 games for the Cavs to win this one...

Well....you just contradicted yourself....LOL!;) 1st you say they are not the team you wanted to see...stating that CAN/WILL give you trouble....then you say he went too far?! LOL! The 1st part is your HEAD talking...the last part is your HEART talking....which is totally understandable.;)

I said it early, Orlando is a worse match-up problem than a Celtic team that was not gonna have KG, Powel and I cannot remember the other player.....

Amazing..."lack of effort". You guys actually think that instead of giving 100%, thye gave only 90%??!!

ALL these pro athletes give 100% effort EVERY NIGHT. Does 100% generate a 100% success rate??!! NO! In the NBA, the center, who is usually CLOSEST to the basket, hits around 50% of his shots...a GOOD PG or SG hits around 40-47%...does that mean the center is working harder than the guards because his percentage is better? And also, comments like "lack of effort" COMPLETELY take away the effort the OTHER team has put forth such effort to win.

This is NOTHING against you HD....but I can never understand comments like that.

Pst... I'm not the only one who criticized the Lakers lack of effort. If you watched the post game show on TNT following the Magic/Celtics game, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith went into a rant on how the Lakers don't deserve to win the title because they "packed it in" on several games during the playoffs. They said that as a former player it disgusts them that with as much talent as they have, for them to just flip the switch on and off instead of playing up to their potential every game of the night is a disgrace.

Charles went on to say that as a broadcaster, he never roots for or against a team. He tries to stay neutral. However, he said last night that for the first time in this profession, he's going to root AGAINST the Lakers the rest of the way, just because of their lack of effort!

If you have any more rebuttal Salsa, you can take it up with King Charles. :p

Well....you just contradicted yourself....LOL!;) 1st you say they are not the team you wanted to see...stating that CAN/WILL give you trouble....then you say he went too far?! LOL! The 1st part is your HEAD talking...the last part is your HEART talking....which is totally understandable.;)

I said it early, Orlando is a worse match-up problem than a Celtic team that was not gonna have KG, Powel and I cannot remember the other player.....

I don't think I contradicted myself. The Magic are the team I didn't want to see because we don't matchup well with them. Having said that, I still think we'll win the series if for no other reason (opens can of worms) than I don't see LBJ & his team losing game 7 at HOME. :) :)

Thanks, Patrick :D:

Ewing guarantees win over Celtics
By: Jessica Camerato
Orlando Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing made his share of inaccurate predictions during his days playing in the NBA. Still, that did not stop him from guaranteeing a Magic victory over the Celtics in Game 7. "“Even though I'm not playing, I'm guaranteeing a win,” he said in an interview aired on ESPN. Celtics head coach Doc Rivers, who played with Ewing on the New York Knicks, could not hide his sarcasm. “Oh that’s great. We feel great about that,” Rivers said after practice on Saturday. “I’ve been on those Knicks teams where he had some predictions.” Visit Green Street for more on Ewing's history of inaccurate predictions.

Amazing. The Babe Ruth of the NBA! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts