Vermont 7 Providence 1
Yale 4 Dartmouth 2
Bemidji State 4 Mankato State 1
Nebraska 4 St Cloud State 3
UMD 6 UMTC 4 :D:D

UMD in 1st place right now...If Denver wins they're tied for 1st

edit: Denver beats CC 5-3. UMD & Denver tied for 1st in WCHA

Last edited:
Anchorage 4 Michigan Tech 2 (winless in 24)

God how would you like to be a Tech fan?
Start the season 3-0-1 and you think "damn is this our year?"
Then proceed to go 0-22-2 and your 4 series to finish the year are against Bemidji, Denver, Minnesota and North Dakota...oof

rankings for this week

1 Boston College
2 Yale
3 Minnesota-Duluth
4 Denver
5 North Dakota
6 New Hampshire
7 Wisconsin
8 Rensselaer
9 Union
10 Notre Dame
11 Merrimack
12 Miami
13 Michigan
14 Boston University
15 Western Michigan
16 Nebraska-Omaha
17 Dartmouth
18 Maine
19 Colorado College
20 Princeton

and the power rankings (this mimics the NCAA selections)

1 Yale
2 Boston College
3t Minnesota-Duluth
3t New Hampshire
5t North Dakota
5t Denver
7t Rensselaer
7t Wisconsin
9t Union
9t Merrimack
11t Notre Dame
11t Michigan
13 Western Michigan
14 Nebraska-Omaha
15t Dartmouth
15t Miami
15t Boston University

Well here is the list of televised games that I could find that are on nationwide TV or at least statewide TV...all times Central

Friday
6:00 Northern Michigan vs. Michigan St Comcast
6:30 Boston U vs. Umass CBS College
6:30 Ohio St vs Michigan Big Ten Network
7:00 Denver vs Minnesota FSN North (tape delayed til 9:00 after the Wolfies game)
7:30 Anchorage vs North Dakota Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports/GCI

Saturday
4:00 Northern Michigan vs. Michigan St FSN Detroit
5:00 Denver vs Minnesota FSN north/FSN RM
6:00 Maine vs Vermont WABI/CW Maine
7:00 Anchorage vs North Dakota Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports/GCI

Monday
6:30 Beanpot final NESN

Also Saturday on FSN North is "Hockey Day in Minnesota" which is a really cool concept they started a few years ago. 2 high school outdoor hockey games, the college team and pro team on TV the whole day. And unlike the last few years the weather is actually gonna be nice. Last year there was freezing rain/sleet/snow the whole day and usually its really cold out. But high of 34 or so should make it nice

schedule of games
10:00 Roseau vs Wayzata
1:30 Hill-Murray vs Moorhead
5:00 Denver vs. Minnesota
8:00 St Louis vs Minnesota

Well here is the list of televised games that I could find that are on nationwide TV or at least statewide TV...all times Central

Friday
6:00 Northern Michigan vs. Michigan St Comcast
6:30 Boston U vs. Umass CBS College
7:00 Denver vs Minnesota FSN North (tape delayed til 9:00 after the Wolfies game)
7:30 Anchorage vs North Dakota Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports/GCI

Saturday
4:00 Northern Michigan vs. Michigan St FSN Detroit
5:00 Denver vs Minnesota FSN north/FSN RM
6:00 Maine vs Vermont WABI/CW Maine
7:00 Anchorage vs North Dakota Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports/GCI

Monday
6:30 Beanpot final NESN

Also Saturday on FSN North is "Hockey Day in Minnesota" which is a really cool concept they started a few years ago. 2 high school outdoor hockey games, the college team and pro team on TV the whole day. And unlike the last few years the weather is actually gonna be nice. Last year there was freezing rain/sleet/snow the whole day and usually its really cold out. But high of 34 or so should make it nice

schedule of games
10:00 Roseau vs Wayzata
1:30 Hill-Murray vs Moorhead
5:00 Denver vs. Minnesota
8:00 St Louis vs Minnesota

Not feeling it this week...nothing really stands out for me. Hopefully next week we'll have some better matchups.

Hockey Day in Minnesota does sound pretty cool though...will have to check that out. Thanks for mentioning it, I would not have known.

Sandra

eh I'll probably catch the NoDak game and then the Goofers game. Denver and UMD tied for 1st and NoDak a point behind :)
Sadly UMD is only on local TV (My9) and neither Directv will carry it :(

Looking forward to HDIM...and Moorhead has the coolest nickname. The Spuds :)

Northern Michigan 6 Michigan State 5
Miami 3 Western Michigan 1
Michigan 2 Ohio State 1
Cornell 3 RPI 2 OT
North Dakota 3 Anchorage 1
St Cloud 3 UMD 3 OT
Minnesota 7 Denver 3
Bemidji 1 Tech 0 (winless in 26)
Omaha 4 Wisconsin 3

So in the WCHA logjam

North Dakota 32
Denver 31
UMD 30
Omaha 30

rankings for the week
1 Boston College
2 North Dakota
3 Yale
4 Denver
5 Minnesota-Duluth
6 Merrimack
7 Union
8 New Hampshire
9 Notre Dame
10 Miami
11 Michigan
12 Wisconsin
13 Nebraska-Omaha
14 Rensselaer
15 Boston University
16 Dartmouth
17 Western Michigan
18 Colorado College
19 Maine
20 Ferris State

Power Rankings

1 Yale
2 Boston College
3 North Dakota
4t Denver
4t Merrimack
6 Minnesota-Duluth
7t Union
7t Nebraska-Omaha
9t New Hampshire
9t Michigan
9t Miami
12t Notre Dame
12t Dartmouth
14 Rensselaer
15 Wisconsin
16 Western Michigan

UGH! thats what happens when you only get one point out of 4 against an unranked snowmobile suit wearing team :mad:
you drop from #3 to #6

Liking what I see out of Chris Kreider from BC. He now has a Beanpot MVP, NCAA championship and World Junior championship for Team USA under his belt in the last 12 months. We always knew the kid had serious wheels ever since the Rangers drafted him in the first round in 2009, but now it's looking like he's also turning into a very good hockey player.

Time to move on the the NHL!

Sandra

List of games for this weekend that are on nationwide TV or at least statewide TV. All times central

Also I like to post a big list of games because I know there are college hockey fans out there who like to watch ANY college game...especially when their team is off/not televised and maybe one of the televised games affects their spot in the standings :)
Also, I post all the games so folks can make their own decisions on which game to watch. While a few of those games I'll watch for sure since they are WCHA teams who are in a logjam with Minnesota Duluth for top spot, some folks may decide that isnt for them. So I try to post them all, not a couple games that I feel are the only games to see and screw the rest. Thats what makes sports on TV fun. What games I will be watching others may not think those games mean anything to them but maybe they see a different game to watch that I dont feel like watching. :)

Friday
6:30 Western Michigan at Michigan Comcast Local
6:30 New Hampshire vs Vermont CBS College
7:00 Minnesota vs. Wisconsin Big Ten Network
7:00 Yale vs Quinnipiac CSN New England
7:00 Minnesota vs. North Dakota (womens game) Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports
7:30 Colorado College vs Bemidji State KAWE/KAWB and the Minnesota channel
8:30 Michigan Tech vs Denver FSN Rockey Mtn
10:00 Nebraska-Omaha vs Alaska Anchorage GCI 1

Saturday
1:00 Dartmouth vs. Colgate (replay from Friday) NHL Network
6:30 Western Michigan at Michigan FSN Detroit
6:30 Maine vs. Umass-Lowell NESN
7:00 Minnesota vs. North Dakota (womens game) Fighting Sioux Sports Network/Fox College Sports
7:00 Colorado College vs Bemidji State KAWE/KAWB and the Minnesota channel
8:00 Minnesota vs Wisconsin FSN North
8:00 Michigan Tech vs Denver FSN Rockey Mtn

List of games for this weekend that are on nationwide TV or at least statewide TV. All times central

Also I like to post a big list of games because I know there are college hockey fans out there who like to watch ANY college game...especially when their team is off/not televised and maybe one of the televised games affects their spot in the standings :)
Also, I post all the games so folks can make their own decisions on which game to watch. While a few of those games I'll watch for sure since they are WCHA teams who are in a logjam with Minnesota Duluth for top spot, some folks may decide that isnt for them. So I try to post them all, not a couple games that I feel are the only games to see and screw the rest. Thats what makes sports on TV fun. What games I will be watching others may not think those games mean anything to them but maybe they see a different game to watch that I dont feel like watching. :)

Friday
6:30 Western Michigan at Michigan Comcast Local
6:30 New Hampshire vs Vermont CBS College
7:00 Minnesota vs. Wisconsin Big Ten Network
7:00 Yale vs Quinnipiac CSN New England
7:30 Colorado College vs Bemidji State KAWE/KAWB and the Minnesota channel
8:30 Michigan Tech vs Denver FSN Rockey Mtn

Saturday
1:00 Dartmouth vs. Colgate (replay from Friday) NHL Network
6:30 Western Michigan at Michigan FSN Detroit
6:30 Maine vs. Umass-Lowell NESN
7:00 Colorado College vs Bemidji State KAWE/KAWB and the Minnesota channel
8:00 Minnesota vs Wisconsin FSN North
8:00 Michigan Tech vs Denver FSN Rockey Mtn

I know the die-hard college hockey fan will watch every second of every game they possibly can, and I respect that. Whatever floats it for ya...everyone is different, and I would never criticize. But for a person like me who also watches other sports and leagues, I like to find what the best matchups are and make sure I check them out.

The only thing that jumps out at me this week is the Saturday game between Western Michigan and Michigan, (7:30 Eastern, 6:30 Central) on Fox Sports Detroit. I'm NOT saying anyone else should screw the rest, they should watch whatever they want. I'm saying what I'M looking forward to.

I know Minnesota/Wisconsin means everything to people in that area, but it's not working for me. Your mileage may vary.

Just another person's opinion...

Sandra

Michigan 6 Western Michigan 3
Yale 6 Qunnipiac 1
Maine 4 Lowell 0
NH 6 Vermont 1
Colorado College 5 Bemidji 5
St Cloud 3 North Dakota 3
Mankato 3 UMD 1 :(
Goofy 5 Becky 2

Nice to see Michigan back on a winning streak...sure hope it continues against Northern Michigan this evening (in Marquette) and into the CCHA Tournament. Also, it's nice to see Norwich (Division III) clinch their 13th straight ECAC East Title with a 4-2 victory over Connecticut College last night. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts