2010-11 NFL Season

One of my favorite quotes on Facebook last night regarding the Pregame and DMB...

Why are we considering burning the Koran Saturday when we can burn the new release from Dave Mathews Monday? Just wait a couple days. Fight the real evil!

The Vikings are not the same team they were last year and besides, I picked Green Bay to win the NFC North. Favre's #1 target (S. Rice) is out for at least half the year and they will miss backup RB, Chester Taylor.

Favre looked old and out of sync. I think an ESPN columnist said it best: "At times you wondered if Favre could complete a pass to one of the Wrangler jeans guys".

With that said, both teams looked rusty. I don't expect the Saints to Two Dat, but not for a lack of trying. I just don't think their defense will be as strong as last year. In '09, they forced a million turnovers. I don't see that happening again, just as I don't see Favre having the season he had last year either. Both teams are setup for a letdown this year.
I don't know, Favre seemed to still have it on some plays. He can still throw that ball spot on at times. I think his body won't hold up this year however. If his offensive line lets him down any, he may have a short season.

As for either team, anything short of playing for a Superbowl appearance will be a letdown, which is a hard thing to repeat for any team no matter how talented. Predicting a letdown for them this year is no flash of genius, but I realize you're from Cleveland where optimism is in short supply, so.... ;) :D

Trent Edwards-5 completions, 8 attempts, 16 yards.

When is Buffalo going to realize that he can't be the starter because he can't throw the ball?

What a freak of nature Wes Welker is!!

He tears his knee in week 17 last year, and was supposed to be out until November. Instead he's playing, and has 2 TD's in the first half. He got a huge ovation from the Gillette crowd when he caught his first pass.

Welcome back, Wes! :up

He tears his knee in week 17 last year, and was supposed to be out until November. Instead he's playing, and has 2 TD's in the first half. He got a huge ovation from the Gillette crowd when he caught his first pass.

I drafted him on my SatGuys fantasy team- and didn't start him today! :eek::eek:

Goes to show you the determination of that kid and how advance sports surgery has come.

Brandon Tate just ran the 2nd half kickoff 97 yards.............Pats 31, Bengals 3

FWIW, Tate ran a kickoff back 101 yards in the preseason. It's scary how many weapons Brady has at his disposal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)