2010-11 NFL Season

I'm not sold on the Bengals either. They are up and down every other year it seems.

I think the Steelers are on the decline too.

IMO, it's the Ravens division to loose. I just hope for the Browns to be competitive.

Ravens D is too old. They wont be able to stop anyone.

Bungles has a first place schedule, because of that I don't think they will do good but because of Ben missing four games that will help the Bungles.

The Clowns still need a lot of growing.

Ochocinco has been around for awhie an his production has been slipping. He's well past his prime in NFL years.

How so? He just had his 7th 1000+ yard season in his last 8 seasons. His production only dipped in 2008 due to injury to both him and Carson Palmer...

This thread suddenly became the wishful thinking AFC North thread... Bengals swept the division and there's little reason to think they don't have a pretty good shot to do it again... their only opposition is the Ravens IMO until the Steelers prove they've taken a step forward.

How so? He just had his 7th 1000+ yard season in his last 8 seasons. His production only dipped in 2008 due to injury to both him and Carson Palmer...

This thread suddenly became the wishful thinking AFC North thread... Bengals swept the division and there's little reason to think they don't have a pretty good shot to do it again... their only opposition is the Ravens IMO until the Steelers prove they've taken a step forward.

The reason, as I said before is inconsistency. The last time the Bengals had winning seasons two years in a row was 1975-76, which also was the ONLY time they've ever did that.

The reason, as I said before is inconsistency. The last time the Bengals had winning seasons two years in a row was 1975-76, which also was the ONLY time they've ever did that.

And at least there's some rationality involved there... because despite their futility Ochocinco still produces on the field which is why I took issue with that comment... it's 100% wishful thinking. I mean if you're going to say something about that about one of the most productive people on the team at least point to something like it being one of his 'lower' 1k yard years (but he maintained his average YPC... and they had a running game last year so they didn't need to lean on him as much and he still got his average number of TDs).... again though... just wishful thinking... not a decline.

I am sure a case could be made he's DUE... but now they have TO, so who are you going to double cover when they are running Cedric Benson down your throat?

Last edited:

Look at his numbers. I never said he's a bum....I simply said his past his prime and that he's aging. :D

Setting aside 2008 when he was injured, last year was his lowest number of yards (1,047) since his rookie year and his second lowest number of receptions (72) in that timeframe.

There's no wishful thinking going on here......my only wish is that the Browns are improved. I'm just not as high on the Bengals as many others. I see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the division and missing the playoffs.

And at least there's some rationality involved there... because despite their futility Ochocinco still produces on the field which is why I took issue with that comment... it's 100% wishful thinking. I mean if you're going to say something about that about one of the most productive people on the team at least point to something like it being one of his 'lower' 1k yard years (but he maintained his average YPC... and they had a running game last year so they didn't need to lean on him as much and he still got his average number of TDs).... again though... just wishful thinking... not a decline.

I am sure a case could be made he's DUE... but now they have TO, so who are you going to double cover when they are running Cedric Benson down your throat?
Look at his career stats.....if you don't see a decline then you're not looking. The reason they had to rely on their running game more last year was because they had to. Ochocinco lost a step and it showed.

Look at his numbers. I never said he's a bum....I simply said his past his prime and that he's aging. :D

Setting aside 2008 when he was injured, last year was his lowest number of yards (1,047) since his rookie year and his second lowest number of receptions (72) in that timeframe.

There's no wishful thinking going on here......my only wish is that the Browns are improved. I'm just not as high on the Bengals as many others. I see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the division and missing the playoffs.

I edited in his stats while you were replying... they had a running game and he still had 9 TDs and maintained his average YPC on 20 fewer receptions... that's not a decline. They passed it nearly 100 fewer times compared to 2007 (throwing out 2008 like you said)

I edited in his stats while you were replying... they had a running game and he still had 9 TDs and maintained his average YPC on 20 fewer receptions... that's not a decline. They passed it nearly 100 fewer times compared to 2007 (throwing out 2008 like you said)

I can see us going around in circles. :D They passed it fewer times because their biggest weapon lost a step. His "long" reception was also the lowest its been since his rookie year.

He's still a player....I'd take him on the Browns in a heartbeat. He's just not the stud WR he used to be. He's transforming into a hell of a possession type WR before our eyes.

I can see us going around in circles. :D They passed it fewer times because their biggest weapon lost a step. His "long" reception was also the lowest its been since his rookie year.

He's still a player....I'd take him on the Browns in a heartbeat. He's just not the stud WR he used to be. He's transforming into a hell of a possession type WR before our eyes.

They passed fewer times because they were winning. You do realize you just said that they passed 100 fewer times because one player 'lost a step'?

Ignoring maintaining his average yards per catch with a reasonable number of receptions, still breaking 1000 yards, still scoring the same number of TDs that in many other seasons took 20 more receptions... sure, Ochocinco is on the decline guys!

Again, you've shown nothing more than wishful thinking...

Tom Brady about to sign a 3 yr/$60 million extension.

About about it....... $20 million per year, and you're not even close to being the bread winner in your marriage! :eek:

Well we will see in 17 weeks.:)

They passed fewer times because they were winning. You do realize you just said that they passed 100 fewer times because one player 'lost a step'?

Ignoring maintaining his average yards per catch with a reasonable number of receptions, still breaking 1000 yards, still scoring the same number of TDs that in many other seasons took 20 more receptions... sure, Ochocinco is on the decline guys!

Again, you've shown nothing more than wishful thinking...

They passed 100 fewer times because they lost their #2 wideout, and their once-stud WR lost a few steps. :). I'm telling you....he can't get behind the secondary like he used to.

Like cy said, we'll have to wait and see.

So? This is not teams of the past and the past has no place in the present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts