2010 NCAA Football Season

Just wishful thinking.

You, ME and most of the ALL college fans!:up I am wondering of college presidents just hope that those clamouring for it just give up like I have. It is amazing who those who have a win-win situation staring them in their face, refuse to just pick it up and run with it.

IF, and that is a HUGE IF....IF there was a college playoff...I would be bold enough to say it would be MORE popular than the NFL.

VT did beat the #3 team from last years SEC line up in a bowl game and by a nice margin also! Granted they have some wins but not the ones you'd like to see happen. As for the Michigan remark..I was only referring back to their 2007 season and what happened to them at the start of the season and so on.

The only OOC wins for Vtech this year were against a C-USA team and a MAC team. Their losses were to a WAC team and a CAA Team.. The rest of there wins were from ACC teams. Who of course have a horrible record this year OOC vs BCS schools.

You beat GaTech who lost to Big12 Last Place Kansas.
You beat Boston College who lost to Notre Dame
You beat NC State who did beat C-USA front runner UCF but lost to the other front runner E carolina
You beat wake forest who lost to stanford (and everyone else it seems)
You beat duke who lost to Alabama, Army
You beat N. Carolina who lost to LSU
You play Miami next who of course lost to OSU.
Then on to Virginia who lost to USC

So as you can see the ACC has LOST to every single team they played this year that was from a "bcs" school and even to some schools from the independents and Div 2! The SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, and even the WAC and MAC can say they at least beat other BCS conferences.

I don't see who you want to put them ahead of. Stanford and LSU lost to the top two schools only, so it makes sense that they are higher. Wisconsin beat OSU, OSU won't pass them if they don't lose again. The only iffy is Nebraska, but it makes no difference as long as Wisconsin is still ahead.

My point was, teams lose in front of them and they are not moving up any ...

Thank you The Big 10s top8 (bowl elgible) at 10-3 (including Miami) is considerably better number wise than the Big12s top7, 6-1 which doesn't include a loss to TCU. Let's see be rated in the top 5 in the country. University in Dallas (Big 12's offices in Dallas), and no invite. Is there fear there? The big 10 isn't afraid of Nebraska (at least in Basketball) in recruiting them. I'm interested in seeing how the Big red does against Big10 foes. They got to be Big Red by recruiting in Big10 territory. The Big 12 will not be playing in the Big game this year. There is a good chance that they will end with a 2 loss champion.:D

Thank you The Big 10s top8 (bowl elgible) at 10-3 (including Miami) is considerably better number wise than the Big12s top7, 6-1 which doesn't include a loss to TCU. Let's see be rated in the top 5 in the country. University in Dallas (Big 12's offices in Dallas), and no invite. Is there fear there? The big 10 isn't afraid of Nebraska (at least in Basketball) in recruiting them. I'm interested in seeing how the Big red does against Big10 foes. They got to be Big Red by recruiting in Big10 territory. The Big 12 will not be playing in the Big game this year. There is a good chance that they will end with a 2 loss champion.:D

Not if the Pokes have anything to say about it. We want another shot at properly sending Nebraska on their way!:eek:

AP Source: Southern Miss player is paralyzed - College Football - Rivals.com

University of Southern Mississippi linebacker Martez Smith is paralyzed from the waist down after being shot outside a nightclub over the weekend along with two of his teammates, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday.

The person spoke to The Associated Press Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss details of the player’s medical status.

Sad situation going on down here.

Not if the Pokes have anything to say about it. We want another shot at properly sending Nebraska on their way!:eek:
Not if OU beats the Pokes again in Stillwater. :) But the Cowboys have a pretty good chance of winning out. Even so, they won't get up to the BCS title game.

I'm rutting and rooting for Oklahoma State. With Colorado going the the post coastal drip 10, I have no dog in the hunt. What's not to like about Okie State. They still have the toughest road to the big 12 championship. Who can root for Nebraska or Oklahoma? With the Big 10 being stacked with one loss teams, it doesn't look as if anyone outside the Big 10 will get a second BCS game.:D Payback will come.

For all those saying the BigEast should lose their auto-bid to the BCS, here are the records of their teams since the ACC raid:

The Big East:
2010 Cincy 12-0
2009 Cincy 11-2
2008 WVU 10-2
2007 Louisville 11-1
2006 WVU 10-1
2005 Pitt 8-3

The ACC:
2010 GT 11-2
2009 VT 9-4
2008 VT 11-2
2007 WF 11-2
2006 FSU 8-4
2005 VT 10-2

Plus all-time record in the BCS games:
Big East 6-6
ACC 2-10

Must-see games this weekend:

3:30 PM Ohio State-Iowa ABC
3:30 PM Stanford-California Fox Sports Net
7:00 PM Arkansas-Mississippi State ESPN
8:00 PM Nebraska-Texas A&M ABC

Enjoy!

Sandra

LSU coach Les Miles starting to make case for his team to play in BCS title game - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com
LSU coach Les Miles has started to lobby conditionally for his team, but is being careful not to mention it by name. The Tigers are No. 5 in the Bowl Championship Series standings with a chance for the BCS national championship game if some teams above them lose, and if LSU wins out against Ole Miss and at No. 13 Arkansas.
"I only know this about this conference," Miles said. "The highest ranked team to come out of this conference should well have an opportunity to play in the national championship game."
LSU could be the SEC's highest ranked team if No. 2 Auburn loses to Alabama next week or South Carolina in the SEC Championship Game on Dec. 4. The final BCS standings come out on Dec. 5 with the top two teams meeting in the BCS title game on Jan. 10 in Glendale, Ariz.
Les needs to give it up. Especially after a few years ago when he stated they should be in the BCS Championship instead of Georgia, since Georgia didn't even win their division. Guess what Les, neither did you this year. Plus you played Auburn and lost, Georgia didn't get a chance to play you that year.

And a 1-loss LSU will not be ranked higher than a 1-loss Auburn when that 1 loss was to Auburn.

And a 1-loss LSU will not be ranked higher than a 1-loss Auburn when that 1 loss was to Auburn.

Even if you have a 1 loss Auburn I'd still pick them over BSU or TCU.... Nothing is helping TCU at the moment to look good and the only thing helping BSU is VT winning but that still won't be enough to over take the stats that Auburn has been putting up.

LSU coach Les Miles starting to make case for his team to play in BCS title game - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com
Les needs to give it up. Especially after a few years ago when he stated they should be in the BCS Championship instead of Georgia, since Georgia didn't even win their division. Guess what Les, neither did you this year. Plus you played Auburn and lost, Georgia didn't get a chance to play you that year.
I agree pretty much. But to be honest, In 2007 Georgia got hot late in the season after a poor start early on, and a sure win against a stacked LSU team wasn't a gimme as most Georgia people like to think. But, I understand how Bulldog blinders work. ;)

What about a 2-loss Auburn team? And what if Boise, TCU, and/or Oregon stumble and LSU wins out (which is highly unlikely, I know)? Will you still be saying Les doesn't deserve to go to the MNC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts