2010 Prius no AM/FM after Sirius subscription expired

roguemouser

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
North Carolina
Hi, all.

We bought a used car from a local dealer, a 2010 Prius with a stock JBL AM/FM.CD.SiriusXM radio. The dealer set us up with three months of SiriusXM, but we aren't prepared to subscribe yet, so we let the three months expire.

When the Sirus service ended, we lost all access to AM and FM radio as well. Does anyone know what I can do to get OTA broadcast radio without a Sirius subscription?

When I try to switch to AM or FM, the radio display shows that I'm on an AM or FM band, but there's absolutely nothing through the system, except one AM talk station that barely comes in. None of my preprogrammed stations play, seek finds nothing. No static, no sound at all. CDs work fine. Both bands worked fine until the subscription expired.

Toyota Prius bad antenna posts abound. If you can handle it search and try the solutions. Maybe the dealer you bought it from will foot the bill.

Reactions: TheKrell
As Dishdude said, the deactivation of the Satellite service should have no effect on regular OTA AM & FM stations. Do you know that AM & FM was working okay in the car when you still had the Sat radio active? In the past, I've had a 2008 prius, a 2010 prius, and currently have a 2013 prius. All came with the 'free' 3 month Satellite radio trial subscriptions, and there was no change in the FM & AM radio reception when the Sat radio trial was over and deactivated.

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
Hi, all.

We bought a used car from a local dealer, a 2010 Prius with a stock JBL AM/FM.CD.SiriusXM radio. The dealer set us up with three months of SiriusXM, but we aren't prepared to subscribe yet, so we let the three months expire.

When the Sirus service ended, we lost all access to AM and FM radio as well. Does anyone know what I can do to get OTA broadcast radio without a Sirius subscription?
Does your Prius have fine lines in your back window or do you have an antenna. Gm cars had their AM/FM antennas in the glass. As said before Sirius/Xm has nothing to do with AM/FM.

Hi, all.

I have a 2017 GMC Terrain xlt and the same thing is happening to my radio after Sirius XM last free trial as well this just happened after thanksgiving free trial 2020