2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was very little "Option" offense ran against the chiefs or the bills for that matter. Tebow was passing way more and doing basic up the middle runs with Willis and ball. It was very hard watching that poor play calling. They were trying to put Tebow back into a prostyle set and it obviously didnt work. Expect to see the spread option this weekend or at least I hope if they want to win.

At what point do we stop criticizing the play callers and start blaming the player? Plays are called. If the player can't execute a play the way it's drawn up, who's fault is it now?

rey_1178 said:
yeah it was mentioned he will be going with the team. coach said the safety would be coaching the other safeties this weekend.

Woops didn't see your post, sorry.

HD MM said:
At what point do we stop criticizing the play callers and start blaming the player? Plays are called. If the player can't execute a play the way it's drawn up, who's fault is it now?

people just make excuses for their "savior".

cybok0 said:
people just make excuses for their "savior".
My mother-in-law in Colorado, a very devout Christian who has nothing to do with sports, "loves that Tim Tebow" and says he is showing the power of prayer. During the Bills game over the holidays, I asked her what was going on. She said that wasn't the Lords work, there's a devil out there too.

My mother-in-law in Colorado, a very devout Christian who has nothing to do with sports, "loves that Tim Tebow" and says he is showing the power of prayer. During the Bills game over the holidays, I asked her what was going on. She said that wasn't the Lords work, there's a devil out there too.

lol

Well if you draw up a play for a player who does not know how to do it, its the play callers fault. You dont draw up a outside run play for Brady because you know he cant do it. You play to your players strengths. You draw up plays your players can succeed at and have the talent to achieve. You also dont run the same plays over and over and over because well eventually the defense will kind of expect it.

Well if you draw up a play for a player who does not know how to do it, its the play callers fault. You dont draw up a outside run play for Brady because you know he cant do it. You play to your players strengths. You draw up plays your players can succeed at and have the talent to achieve. You also dont run the same plays over and over and over because well eventually the defense will kind of expect it.
So, if your 'player' can't throw and the defense has figured out how to stop the run, what's left??

So, if your 'player' can't throw and the defense has figured out how to stop the run, what's left??

Get your player someone to throw the ball to? Get him receivers who can get open, run routes and HOLD THE DAM BALL when it hits them in the hands? Maybe receivers who can fight for the ball against a defender and win? Id be afraid to throw the ball as well if I didnt think my guy would win the fight.

The Mighty Bills made him look less than heavenly!

Get your player someone to throw the ball to? Get him receivers who can get open, run routes and HOLD THE DAM BALL when it hits them in the hands? Maybe receivers who can fight for the ball against a defender and win? Id be afraid to throw the ball as well if I didnt think my guy would win the fight.

You ignored the first 6 words of his question, which is the bigger problem in the last 3 games.

There's Elway's dilemma. Do you think it was a coincidence that Brandon Lloyd wanted out just as Tebow was named starter?? Do you really think Denver will be able to attract top FA WRs in the future as long as Tebow is the starter??

Most of Tebow's success has occurred when opponents have gone into a form of the prevent defense. How else can you explain his anemic numbers for 3 1/2 quarters?? Over the last 3 games, teams have been playing man defense and attacking Tebow's left making him roll right and throw across his body. His receivers are covered and they've locked down the run. They've figured it out...

Someone on another forum pointed out that the Chiefs CBs play press man and the Steelers rarely if ever do (play 5-7 yards off the WR 95% of the time). That may present some opportunities, but I'm not sure how much that windup of his will negate that potential advantage.

Or, you can look at it the opposite way, find a play that works and KEEP running it till they stop you.

Except its toooo late in the year to pick up players ....

Btw, Santonio Holmes will probably be available.

Except its toooo late in the year to pick up players ....

Btw, Santonio Holmes will probably be available.
I doubt the jets are willing to take the hit towards the salary cap due to Holmes contract .

Yep, it's got the potential to be real fugly, that's for sure....

Maybe not ....

Steelers playing without half thier team, or many very important players.

Center Pouncey MAY not play, High ankle sprain. Probably not actually.
Big Ben playing on a BAD H.A.S. as well.
RB Mendenhaul leading rusher, is definitely OUT.
Ryan Clark IS OUT, Sickle Cell issues in High Altitude.

Offensive line has been a mess all year with injuries.
Polomalu has been injured, but playing thru it.

Denver has a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)