2011 Masters Golf Tournament

With McIlroy and Quiros both starting today's round at -7, do you think we'll see someone under 30 win this year? Arnold Palmer thinks so...but I'm not convinced. Today I am expecting Mickelson, Woods and Westwood (2 of the 3) to step-up their game. We shall see.

riffjim4069 said:
With McIlroy and Quiros both starting today's round at -7, do you think we'll see someone under 30 win this year? Arnold Palmer thinks so...but I'm not convinced. Today I am expecting Mickelson, Woods and Westwood (2 of the 3) to step-up their game. We shall see.

I think it maybe too early to assume that the leaderboard will not change.

I do agree that one of those 3 will make a move....would be nice if it were all three.

The leaderboard is certainly going to change, but I like how McIlroy is playing and his approach to the course. My questions going into today's 2nd round:

- How will the course play today?
- Will McIlroy and Quiros continue their stellar play?
- Will Mickelson ever find a fairway?
- Will Woods have a breakout round that everyone is waiting for?
- Will Westwood compete or struggle?
- Will Kaymer (World's #1) make the cut?

Offhand, I think the course will play a bit tougher but the scores will still be pretty good; McIlroy will play well, but Quiros will falter; Michelson will find the fairway and hit some putts; Wood...no idea; Westwood will play OK, but 8 or 9 shots out going tomorrow's roud; and Kaymer will not make the cut..and say adios to his #1 ranking in the coming weeks.

Those teeing off early today are doing well. Here is the current leaderboard:

1 K. Choi -8 through 8 holes
2 R. McIlroy -7 (tee off at 12:42)
T3 Y. Yang -6 through 12
T3 A. Quiros -6 through 6
5 R. Barnes -5 through 11
T6 C. Schwartzel -4 through 18
T6 F. Couples -4 through 10

Hey, how about Freddy!!!

Plenty of good scores again today...McIlroy shot -3 (-10) to continue to lead the field; Westwood play well (-5); Ricky Barnes and Rickie Fowler and Ricky Ricardo all at (-5); Tiger Woods playing well at -4 after 13-holes (-4) is back in competition; Fred Couples got hot and moved-up to (-4); Phil Mickelson strugged in and early round finishing at Even (-2), but still in distant striking distance; and Lucy Ricardo shot 62 to be right on the heels of McIlroy.

Tiger has played well and is only 4 shots off the lead. He really blew a chance to seriously scare some folks when he missed a gimme 8 footer for birdie and ended up with par at 16.

Tiger had a great day and is in the hunt. Should be an exciting weekend.

Current Leaderboard:

1 Rory McIlroy -10 F -3
2 Jason Day -8 F -8
T3 K.J. Choi -7 F -2
T3 Tiger Woods -7 F -6
T5 Geoff Ogilvy -6 F -3

Plenty of good scores again today...McIlroy shot -3 (-10) to continue to lead the field; Westwood play well (-5); Ricky Barnes and Rickie Fowler and Ricky Ricardo all at (-5); Tiger Woods playing well at -4 after 13-holes (-4) is back in competition; Fred Couples got hot and moved-up to (-4); Phil Mickelson strugged in and early round finishing at Even (-2), but still in distant striking distance; and Lucy Ricardo shot 62 to be right on the heels of McIlroy.
I can't believe nobody commented on the golfing accomplishments of Ricky and Lucy. :p

Big, big day today. Here are today's pairings:

10:35 a.m.: Ernie Els
10:45 a.m.: Jeff Overton, Aaron Baddeley
10:55 a.m.: Steve Marino, Camilo Villegas
11:05 a.m.: Kyung-Tae Kim, Hideki Matsuyama
11:15 a.m.: Nick Watney, Bill Haas
11:25 a.m.: Edoardo Molinari, Justin Rose
11:35 a.m.: Miguel Angel Jimenez, Bubba Watson
11:45 a.m.: Martin Laird, Matt Kuchar
11:55 a.m.: Alexander Cejka, Ryan Palmer
12:05 p.m.: Ryan Moore, Ian Poulter
12:15 p.m.: Robert Karlsson, Charley Hoffman
12:25 p.m.: Bo Van Pelt, Ryo Ishikawa
12:35 p.m.: Dustin Johnson, Adam Scott
12:55 p.m.: Phil Mickelson, Gary Woodland
1:05 p.m.: Steve Stricker, Paul Casey
1:15 p.m.: David Toms, Trevor Immelman
1:25 p.m.: Sergio Garcia, Angel Cabrera
1:35 p.m.: Ross Fisher, Brandt Snedeker
1:45 p.m.: Luke Donald, Jim Furyk
1:55 p.m.: Lee Westwood, Charl Schwartzel
2:05 p.m.: Fred Couples, Rickie Fowler
2:15 p.m.: Y.E. Yang, Ricky Barnes
2:25 p.m.: Geoff Ogilvy, Alvaro Quiros
2:35 p.m.: K.J. Choi, Tiger Woods
2:45 p.m.: Rory McIlroy, Jason Day

Go Ahead, Make my Day...

Justin Day was 3-over par early in round 1, and has gone 11-under since. His 64 is the lowest second round from a first-time participant in Masters history. Could this be Justin's tournament? Stay tuned!

They are off...tee-off that is. Unfortunately, I am off to see Hop with the family so I won't be watching the tournament until late tonight after the Michigan-UMD NCAA Chamption game. I'm actually looking forward to the family time, but it will be a pain avoiding accidentally hearing what's happening in Augusta.

Well, Phil and Lee Westwood faded (T19) at -3, Tiger couldn't buy a putt, and Rory continued to play well.

1 - Rory McIlroy -12 F -2 65 69 70 - 204
T2 16 Angel Cabrera -8 F -5 71 70 67 - 208
T2 10 Charl Schwartzel -8 F -4 69 71 68 - 208
T2 1 K.J. Choi -8 F -1 67 70 71 - 208
T2 - Jason Day -8 F E 72 64 72 - 208
T6 14 Adam Scott -7 F -5 72 70 67 - 209
T6 6 Luke Donald -7 F -3 72 68 69 - 209
8 12 Bo Van Pelt -6 F -4 73 69 68 - 210
T9 28 Bubba Watson -5 F -5 73 71 67 - 211
T9 3 Ross Fisher -5 F -1 69 71 71 - 211
T9 2 Fred Couples -5 F E 71 68 72 - 211
T9 4 Geoff Ogilvy -5 F +1 69 69 73 - 211
T9 6 Tiger Woods -5 F +2 71 66 74 - 211

Unless the wheels completely come off of McIlroy's game, Phil and Lee will have to shoot 63 or better to get back into the hunt. Wood could easily be -10...if only he could buy a putt. IMO, Cabrera and Donald have the best outside chance should McIlory falter...but the Masters appears to be his to win or lose. On the very distant fringe is Bubba Watson at -5. Could Bubba "get hot" and find his way back into contention? The odds are against him, but I will be cheering for Bubba!!! Of course, will today be the day where Tiger catches fire and duplicates Jack Nicklaus' performance from 25-years ago? It would certainly be one of the record books...but I just don't see it happening. Stay tuned.

riffjim4069 said:
Unless the wheels completely come off of McIlroy's game, Phil and Lee will have to shoot 63 or better to get back into the hunt. Wood could easily be -10...if only he could buy a putt. IMO, Cabrera and Donald have the best outside chance should McIlory falter...but the Masters appears to be his to win or lose. On the very distant fringe is Bubba Watson at -5. Could Bubba "get hot" and find his way back into contention? The odds are against him, but I will be cheering for Bubba!!! Of course, will today be the day where Tiger catches fire and duplicates Jack Nicklaus' performance from 25-years ago? It would certainly be one of the record books...but I just don't see it happening. Stay tuned.

Tiger is right there... Can the guys infront feel him lurking.... ;-)

Tiger is right there... Can the guys infront feel him lurking.... ;-)
Woods had an incredible front nine, but stubled a bit starting the back nine. However, McIlrory is executing one of the biggest chokes I have seen in quite sometime. Yikes! What a finish we're going to have!!!

1 Rory McIlroy -11 9 +1
T2 K.J. Choi -10 10 -2
T2 Charl Schwartzel -10 10 -2
T2 Angel Cabrera -10 9 -2
T5 Tiger Woods -9 13 -4
T5 Luke Donald -9 11 -2
T5 Adam Scott -9 10 -2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)